Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 7:57 AM Last edited by attuned : 4th Dec 2018 at 1:36 PM.
Default Welcome- Start HERE- Mentoring4Builders
This is a group of experienced builders willing to provide help with Sims (2, 3, or 4) lot creation. If you are new to building, or if you are trying a new technique, we have seasoned builders willing and able to help. Whether you want ideas, instructions or suggestions, or a guide to the upload process at MTS, you have come to the right place. If you would like to join, please click on the group name- Mentoring for Builders- and then click the JOIN button. You are most welcome here.

Here is our team. Together we have over 285 lots available for download on MTS.

attuned builds in TS3. She is the organizer of the group and takes a pretty screenshot. She has a niche in building "base game".
Crowkeeper builds in TS3. Her creations are magical, mystical fantasies, that transport you to another realm.
cutsocks builds in TS3. He has mad roofing skills, and is a genius in CFE. He builds mainly historic/ re-creations.
Ferguson Avenue builds in TS3. He is a wizard with roofing and CFE. He adores vintage architecture.
joandsarah77 builds in TS2. She is a master of MOO (move objects on) and design. She builds mainly community lots.
Johnny_Bravo builds in TS3. He is a CFE superstar. His creations run the gamut from cutting edge modern to historical.
Norn builds in TS3. She has a varied and exquisite portfolio, mostly on Blackys Sims Zoo.
SimmyRN builds in TS3. She tries to be a "problems solver". Her building style is varied but tends toward realistic, urban modern.
Volvenom builds in TS3 and TS4. She is a virtuoso at CFE, and has an utterly fantastic eye for landscaping and interior design.

Process
1. Post a comment on this thread, with an introduction.
2. Start your own thread. Tell us what you would like help with, what game you play, what style you would like to build, and anything else that can help us help you. Post screenshots if you have them. We would especially like to see WIPs, past successes and past fails.
3. Please put the game you play as the first word in the thread title: TS2/ TS3/ or TS4.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 6:15 AM
Welcome
I am attuned and I am the organizer of the group. I am a less experienced builder than the rest of the group, but I think I take a pretty good screenshot. I can help with decorating and landscaping. I can also help guide you through the upload process, especially taking screenshots. Please leave a comment here and then start your own thread for your project. Thanks!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Alchemist
#3 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 3:20 AM
I'll follow up then.
I'm Johnny_bravo and got invited to help out with a few other talented builders. (We still learn from each other!)
Building in the sims can be a pain in the ass, especially when using CFE, I can help you out with almost any CFE problem and give you hints tips about it. I'm basicly available for anything else, too.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 9:39 AM
*waves* My name is Norn, lovely to meet you all! I'm building in TS3 only, probably not with such a mad skill (yet) as the other members of this group but with lots of enthusiasm. A secret hobby of mine are apartment buildings. I'm playing around with different styles and love exploring new ones. My biggest love is caw, so even if not the main focus of this group I will be happy to help you with anything related to world building.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 4:39 AM
I joined before but I joined again and it took me back to the other thread? *Is a little confused*

G'day, I am Jo from Australia. I build in Sims 2 only, mainly cc free lots that fill a niche rather than houses, although I do sometimes build houses. You can see my builds on my page here:http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=1433933 I enjoy landscaping and decorating and most of my builds are straight forward without much CFE, although I can use it if I have to, but I am certainly no master of it. I like combining and decorating with Maxis objects and move objects which you can see in many of my buildings on this site. I would say helping with room sizes, floor plans and decorating inside or out are my strengths but I can also give some help with CFE and roofing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 5:20 AM
Hey guys, I'm Jag, currently diving back into the Sims after a near-two year hiatus. For a variety of reasons I no longer have TS3, and although I'd scoffed at TS4, I couldn't resist the Origin's Holiday sale (going on until the 12th, in case you didn't know.
Anyway, I'm jumping into TS4 and having mixed feelings about it. I'll try not to bitch and moan too much about it here, except to complain about the awful camera. Yes, I'm aware of the TS3 mode. Nope, still not as good as CMoMoney's mod could make it, and that's the problem. Yep, found Buckley's mod (thank you Buckley!) who also knows this is a "best you can do" situation.
Boo.
/end gripe

Anyway, it IS nice to be here again while I can be. I look forward to seeing how this goes...
dodgy builder
#7 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 10:56 AM
Hallo I'm Volve, Volvenom or Tulla Rask from Norway.

I don't know how to describe my skills, they are quite various, but still I try to do it my way. I have been building and decorating houses in Sims since Sims2 first came out. In Sims 2 and 3 I used CFE as well. These days I only build in 3 and 4 though. I left 2 when 3 first came out and never regretted that.

Today I probably consider myself skilled in CAW as well. I often start using cfe in Sims 3 when I have been building a bit in 4. After all the technical skills required in Sims4 isn't quite up to scratch. I just need the challenge from time to time.

My style is Minimalist, even if I build a Tudor Mansion. My preferred style though is usually Scandinavian Minimalisme/Funkis often with a Fusion twist. I just like to challenge myself and do some different things from time to time.

Then lovely attuned said I was skilled in landscaping? ... ok, perhaps I am. It's good skills to have in CAW at least.

I'm on mts when I'm on my stationary, but also sometimes on my phone. I'm looking forward to helping out.
Instructor
#8 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 11:42 AM
Hi there
I am Crowkeeper a dedicated sims 3 builder and I would be more then happy to help you with building your dreamhouse. I love building in various styles such as Steampunk, Mermaidian, Elven or anything that is at least a little bit magical

If you have similiar tastes but you are not sure how to turn your concepts into reality dont hesitate to contact me

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 11:45 AM
Hi, I'm Pi.

I'm a TS3 guy and I like to build a thing or two. Unfortunately it always ends up sucking, and it shouldn't, so that's why I'm here.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
dodgy builder
#10 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Hi, I'm Pi.

I'm a TS3 guy and I like to build a thing or two. Unfortunately it always ends up sucking, and it shouldn't, so that's why I'm here.

You know building can suck on so many levels. Make a thread and show us some pictures
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 10:02 PM
Hi, I am Cat!

To be honest, I've never really paid much attention to the houses I put my sims in. In Sims 2 I used ready made houses, and usually made a horrible looking 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc floors for them, stuffed full of everything I could find and played, or simply made 5 story rectangular I did the same with Sims 3 for a very long time.. and then I grow up in mind, I guess.
I've tried to build something, but really not enough to know what am I even doing.
Now, I have a big project, which will probably take me a lot of time to learn, but one I would really like to accomplish. I want to make a castle, but like not too medieval. More on the modern side, but not too much, if that makes sense. :D
The thing is, I don't know where to start. No, that's not true, I did start - I took 64x64 lot, I made steps in the terrain leading up to where the entrance will be and... that's it. :/ I have no idea what I want it to look like, I just know that I like towers - those have to be there.
That's why I am here.

ThunderWoodSimmer
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 6:20 AM
Welcome to all the new members of Mentoring for Builders.

Since this is a new venture, we are still working on the process. Please start your own personal thread, after posting in this, our main thread. Tell us what you would like help with, what game you play, what style you would like to build, and anything else that can help us help you. Post screenshots if you have them, as a picture is worth a thousand words. We would especially like to see WIPs, past successes and past oops. Thanks!

New at Simszoo
Alchemist
#13 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 12:30 PM
Welcome ya'll

I agree with attuned about posting WIPs, successes and fails so we can work together and improve your favorite style, or find a new one.

I'm also curious what will happen in the near future. If it stays a small group with people joining every now and then and or if this will grow into something big

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#14 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 4:13 PM
I really have a great idea for city living (ts4)...I really want to make the world empty to build it into Chicago...but idk where to start. If I knew where to start I know I can get it done, but I also want to knock out those buildings that are sitting by the art gallery ingame. I've been trying sooooo hard to figure this out and I can't figure it out....can anyone please help me? I truly want to make it something for people to build their city the way they want it without having only 5 lots to build and the rest are locked my penthouses/apartments...Please help lol
dodgy builder
#15 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BabiHunni
I really have a great idea for city living (ts4)...I really want to make the world empty to build it into Chicago...but idk where to start. If I knew where to start I know I can get it done, but I also want to knock out those buildings that are sitting by the art gallery ingame. I've been trying sooooo hard to figure this out and I can't figure it out....can anyone please help me? I truly want to make it something for people to build their city the way they want it without having only 5 lots to build and the rest are locked my penthouses/apartments...Please help lol

Get ts3 instead. I don't think you can do a thing in ts4 or in San Myshuno. As far as I know the "world" in ts4 is just 2D screens. There isn't any world builder available either. I see some has made some screens for download, but you probably need to ask modders or meshers to find out what can be done. I don't think there is much building involved.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 4:19 AM
@BabiHunni Please start your own thread and we will see what we can do. As Volvenom states, TS4 is much more limited in what can be done. The world can't be expanded, but perhaps there are some other tricks that, with a little imagination, can get you closer to what you want.

New at Simszoo
Instructor
#17 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 4:37 PM
hey!

I'm CircusWolf. I've been building for a long while, just never get my lazy arse to upload anything. I'm good with TS3, Doing better with TS4, and I'm making a resolution to actually getting off my butt and getting stuff uploaded. I even have an empty world or three to play in!.

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Field Researcher
#18 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 3:36 PM Last edited by bellakenobi : 7th Jan 2017 at 4:38 PM.
Hi, I'm Bella

I recently came back to TS3 (there's a long story about my HDD dying and stuff). I have few lots available for download here at MTS, but I know I *need* to improve my building skills (especially about CFE and the outdoors).

At the moment I don't have any project, as soon as I have one I'll post it here ^^

I'm bad at finding CC on my own
My simblr
I'm shy and so I might take longer to reply you '-'
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 4:49 AM
Welcome all! With 30 members, we are off to a great start!

New at Simszoo
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 5:08 PM
*timidly waves* H, I'm Megan. I'm here because, quite frankly, I SUCK at building. Everything I Build ends up being too big or boxy or otherwise frustrating. I'm here to get help. I play 100% the Sims 2
Scholar
#21 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 9:34 PM
Hi, I'm SimmyRN. I've been playing Sims since the first incarnation. SimCity (the original and latest versions), SimTower, etc. before that. I work in TS3, mostly with building and in CAW. (Have TS4 but don't really do much with it.) My style is "realistic", I guess, tending toward modern. I like to work from reference materials and floor plans. I especially like tiny builds, city type buildings and city/suburban worlds. Or, "themed" worlds. I have the perfectionist trait so try to have all of my builds as error, routing problems, lag free as possible. I also enjoy "fixing" lot / world problems that I encounter. I have some background in photography and writing so enjoy those aspects of the game, too. If I can help with anything, please let me know.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 4:01 PM
Heyo! I'm Sarah, I do post every now and then, but I tend to lurk more.

At the moment I have all 4 games (even though 1 isn't working at this time), I'm trying to figure out how to make nice buildings. So far I've been satisfied with the houses I've made, but I'm hoping to finally be able to post some lots I feel good about.

Looking forward to this group! I miss the open/friendly/helpful atmosphere I had in an irl writers group. Having someone else look over something and actually know what it is is soooo helpful!

Farley Farm - After running away in highschool with her boyfriend Hank, Odelia goes back to her childhood home after her father’s death. How will Meredith cope living with her grandmother? How will Rosena cope with her daughter’s return?
Scholar
#23 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 11:37 PM
Hi, I'm Cecillia.
I joined because I have enjoyed the building aspect of Sims ever since I started playing TS1 in about 2004. I am trying to get back into the game and uploading things here again. I build in TS4 now so potentially will post something soon related to that; otherwise will try to help out with others on that game.

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Get ts3 instead. I don't think you can do a thing in ts4 or in San Myshuno. As far as I know the "world" in ts4 is just 2D screens. There isn't any world builder available either. I see some has made some screens for download, but you probably need to ask modders or meshers to find out what can be done. I don't think there is much building involved.

I have ts3...anyways, I seen where someone was able to empty newcrest completely and the promenade or something close, i just don't know what they did and I tried to reach out to them, but no answer, I'll start a new thread tho
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 3:47 AM Last edited by attuned : 23rd Jan 2017 at 5:40 AM.
We have two members with projects currently in testing on the Creator Feedback Forums (CFF).

If you play TS2 and want to help whoward69 test a new mod, head over to Create>Creator Feedback Forum> Sims 2: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=588078 -UPLOADED- He has another one: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=588284

If you play TS3 and would like to help SimmyRN test a new world, over to Create>Creator Feedback Forum> Sims 3: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=588036

New at Simszoo

Page 1 of 4