Replies: 11 (Who?), Viewed: 862 times.
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 7:37 PM Last edited by Fyren5 : 10th Feb 2021 at 10:42 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default One Time Only Enemy Memories - Which is NOT Normal
Hi all! Does the title make sense? If not, help me come up with a better one explaining my problem LOL.

I have a problem that nobody else seems to have a clue what I'm talking about. Thanks to the lovely AndrewGloria, in the Stupid/Random Questions thread, they summed it up amazingly well.

Sim A falls out with Sim B and they become enemies. They both get a memory of making an enemy. Then Sim A has a fight with Sim C and they too become enemies. But Sim A doesn't get a new memory of making an enemy with Sim C.

In my game, with or without mods & CC, my Sims are only able to get ONE memory of making an enemy. I'm playing with the Ultimate Collection from Origin. I've done the 50/50 with my mods and CC and the result is always the same. The lost/won a fight memory works just fine. I don't recall if the issue with the enemy memory has always happened in my game though. I've only recently started to pay attention to memories on a "Let's have a look at what you've been up to in life" level. I've provided pictures of a test hood with no CC and only essential mods, showing that the Sim has two enemies in the relationship panel but only has a memory of making one of them.

Yes, I can use Memory Manipulator or SimPE to manually add the memory but that's super annoying for every future enemy of my Sims..

Uninstalling/Reinstalling is my very, very last solution. I honestly don't want to go through all that hassle, lol.

Edit: Not even a new & refreshed "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" folder fixed it.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 11:20 PM
Hmm, it sounds like the "Became Enemies with" memory is not repeatable for you. Idk why that would happen, unless you have a mod, since I don't recall that happening in a vanilla game.

First, I'll ask you if you are sure you tried running the game without any mods--perhaps you left in a mod that gets installed in Program files, one that affects wants/fears or memories, or a want tree, etc.? If so, that might be causing a conflict somewhere.

If not (and it sounds like not), try making a mod to make the memory repeatable. You can clone the memory and make sure it's set to repeat. You can use How to Create Your Own Custom Memories by DiLight. If you put the mod in and then it still doesn't work, then you know it's your game files.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 12:06 AM Last edited by Fyren5 : 11th Feb 2021 at 3:46 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomknight
First, I'll ask you if you are sure you tried running the game without any mods--perhaps you left in a mod that gets installed in Program files, one that affects wants/fears or memories, or a want tree, etc.? If so, that might be causing a conflict somewhere.

I'll triple check without mods installed. I do have the WantsTrees modified, it was from here on MTS. The one that changes the frequency of Hobby related wants. Never heard of mods that get installed inside Program Files, except the re-categorize ones. I'll check there anyway, thanks.

Quote:
If not (and it sounds like not), try making a mod to make the memory repeatable. You can clone the memory and make sure it's set to repeat. You can use How to Create Your Own Custom Memories by DiLight. If you put the mod in and then it still doesn't work, then you know it's your game files.

If this is my only solution left, I guess I'll have to knock my brain a little and try really hard to follow this, haha.

Thank you.

Edit: Found things in my overrides, so I removed those & tested the Sims again. Still the same. Removed my mods again, only leaving the essential mods which are in their own separate folder.. Still the same. I took a look at that tutorial and my brain just flopped. I've no idea what any of that even means, let alone what any of it does so I'm not going to mess with it. Looks like my only option is a reinstall....

Edit 2: Repairing the game via Origin didn't do anything. A total reinstall looks like the only option!

Edit 3: Let's see if an entire game reinstall works, shall we?!
Theorist
#4 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 4:04 AM
@Fyren5, if you want to try a reinstall, go ahead, but otherwise I can walk you through editing a memory--it's not as hard as it looks. The hardest part is probably finding the memory to clone!

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Instructor
#5 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 12:53 PM
I thought that was normal behaviour, i.e., Maxis having a coding hiccup. It's same for me in my game too. I just figured it was a similar situation to the 'Sim Went to College' memory, which there is a fix for on this site.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Theorist
#6 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 3:47 PM
Is it? I can't say that I've noticed, I've rarely made sims enemies in my game. That's why I suggested making a mod, to see if it would get overridden and corrected. Hmm, I guess I can open up SimPE and see what I can come up with. Or someone can request a modder to look at it/make a fix.

Instructor
#7 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 5:01 PM
Yeah, that would be a useful fix. I didn't notice it for myself until yesterday Tank had become enemies with his daughter and although she got the memory, he didn't, because he already had a memory of becoming enemies with Johnny. Then, I looked through some of my earlier hoods that I had prior to installing mods and despite having many enemies, sims only had one memory of making an enemy, which was always their first.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 5:06 PM
I appreciate the thought, Phantomknight, but I don't think even you'd have enough patience to wait for me to actually catch on step-by-step instructions, haha.

I actually went through with the fresh install, which went smoothly. The bonus to this is that for me, no SDHB anymore! I've not tested the enemy memory yet though. It was almost 5AM for me by the time my game installed, haha. My Sims make their enemies themselves. Half of them are born grouchy.

So, it does look like this memory is like the "Sim Went to College" memories.. Interesting. Some people never had that bug though, or they didn't notice it. Here's hoping a fix will be implemented one day!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 9:33 PM
Maybe somebody should mention this to Nopke? I didn't tag them cause I don't know if they like to be tagged but I know that they just did a fix for non-replicating college memories.

Call me Seth!
Theorist
#10 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 12:01 AM
@Fyren5, I took a look at the memory in SimPE. Turns out, you're not crazy, the memory definitely isn't repeatable! It's set to be unique. I've changed that, and uploaded the edit in the Creator's Feedback forum: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=652534. Would you (and anyone else who wants to try) mind testing it out for me and seeing if it works? I've never made a mod before or uploaded to MTS, so I'd appreciate some feedback before I upload it.

And FYI, Chris Hatch has an awesome cleaner that detects the SDHB and gets rid of it: Chris Hatch's SuperDuperHugTest.
Quote:
This little file will both test for and remove it from a lot, if the bug exists it will give you a dialogue to let you know then delete it. It will run in buy/build mode so it can be used to test and clean non-liveable lots.

Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 12:51 AM
Quote:
@Fyren5, I took a look at the memory in SimPE. Turns out, you're not crazy, the memory definitely isn't repeatable! It's set to be unique. I've changed that, and uploaded the edit in the Creator's Feedback forum: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=652534. Would you (and anyone else who wants to try) mind testing it out for me and seeing if it works? I've never made a mod before or uploaded to MTS, so I'd appreciate some feedback before I upload it.

And FYI, Chris Hatch has an awesome cleaner that detects the SDHB and gets rid of it: Chris Hatch's SuperDuperHugTest.

Woohoo, I'm not crazy!!!

I'll definitely test it out for you ASAP , currently working on a little non-Sims project right now! Thank you so much!

SDHB: Gets rid of it forever and eternity, never to show up again because it's so incredibly annoying? Or just a "clean every time to get rid of it" kinda thing?
Theorist
#12 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 1:14 AM
"Clean every time to get rid of it" is the only solution to SDH.