39 Viking Convertible
Updated: 6th Dec 2008 at 2:32 PM - Updated Mesh
1939 Viking Convertible by Dr Pixel - updated Dec 6, 2008 to work with Numenor's Drivable Cars without NightLife game add -on.
Polys = 5199 (Original Maxis Car = 6514)
This is another car that never existed - this one is my interpretation of a car from the 1930's/1940's
The basic body shell is modified from a mesh found at 3d Cafe http://www.3dcafe.com/
The seats, tires, and steering wheel came from Maxis cars.
The rest was created from scratch.
Meshwork was done using MilkShape and the UniMesh plugins, and also the .ms3dascii import/export built in to SimPE.
It is a drivable vehicle, it REQUIRES the NightLife expansion pack or Numenor's Drivable Cars without NightLife game add on.
Doors and lights work correctly, but I had to disable the WooHoo "fog" effect.
There is a slight animation glitch - as the Sims get in/out of the car, their hand will go through the door for an instant.
This object may be recolored, and may be included in lot uploads
Recolors should link to this post so people can get the mesh
The mesh .zip has the mesh which is required for the other colors to work, plus the default Black body color and Classic Red interior color.
The Classic Colors .zip has 4 1930's style body color options, and two interior color options.
The Hot Rod .zip has 6 1950's style Hot Rod body colors, and 5 Hot Rod interior options.
Thanks to Vampcat, Cevic, Numenor, Pinhead, and Willem for their advice and information about editing the car meshes.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 342.5 KB · Downloads: 39,952 · 11th Oct 2006
|342.5 KB||39,952||11th Oct 2006|
Size: 183.5 KB · Downloads: 46,248 · 11th Oct 2006
|183.5 KB||46,248||11th Oct 2006|
Size: 198.1 KB · Downloads: 53,351 · 11th Oct 2006
|198.1 KB||53,351||11th Oct 2006|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
For a full list of packs with names, see the Packs Needed popup.
The Bodyshop Mechanic program was updated March 14 - if you use Bodyshop at all, you might want to take a look.
All my vehicles have now been updated to work, without alterations, with Numenor's Drivable Cars without NightLife mod.
Some of my downloads got corrupted in the recent hard-drive crash - These are all replaced now - and a big thanks to those who helped by sending the original .zip files.