1957 Chevy Convertible
Updated: 4th Jan 2009 at 3:18 PM
This is a drivable vehicle, it REQUIRES the NightLife expansion pack.
Updated Dec 21, 2008 - this car is now compatable with Numenor's
Drivable Cars Without NightLife
Doors and lights work correctly, but I had to disable the WooHoo "fog" effect.
Sims can still WooHoo and Makeout, but there will be no animation - they will just fade out, make some noises, and fade back in.
Included in the download is the Mesh plus all the exterior and interior color options shown. The 1957 Chevy came in three trim options - the Bel Aire, the 210, and the 110, but a convertible came only with the Bel Aire or the 210 trim. The difference was that the Bel Aire had a gold colored grille mesh and v emblems, plus a ribbed stainless steel panel on the rear fenders. I have included both Bel Aire and 210 color options.
The main .package file was modified from the Maxis sportscar using the .Ms3dASCII export/import of SimPE.
The body mesh was modified from a free mesh found on 3d Cafe, the steering wheel from the Maxis Hunka mesh, wheels and tires from the Maxis Sedan, and some scratch built parts.
The UV_mapping was done from scratch, using MilkShape's UV Mapping tools.
Polys = 15405 (856 polys per tile)
Thanks to Vampcat, Cevic, Numenor, Pinhead, and Willem for their advice and information about editing the car meshes.
All my items including this one may be recolored/re-skinned.
You can use and alter my alphas, textures, and bumpmaps as you wish - no credit needed.
Please put some effort into it, there are many good tutorials that will show you how to make something you can be proud of.
If you are posting your work on ModTheSims2, link to this thread so people can get the mesh.
If you are posting on the Exchange, you should also link to this thread since meshes do not always package up properly in Lots.
If you are posting them on your own site you can offer the mesh for download on your site too. Credit for the mesh is appreciated but not required.
If you are altering the mesh for any reason, please take the trouble to do it correctly - change the filename, use fix integrety, and re-link it to your own color .packages.
You can use all my items in your lots, screenshots, stories, movies, and complete Sims - no credits necessary, just have fun with them.
To make this perfectly clear, what I am saying is that you can do whatever you want with my items, and post them anywhere you like. That includes free sites, the Exchange, paysites, and donator-only areas. I just ask that you take the trouble to do it correctly so your stuff doesn't interfere with anyone else's.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 1.04 MB · Downloads: 36,084 · 21st Dec 2008
|1.04 MB||36,084||21st Dec 2008|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
For a full list of packs with names, see the Packs Needed popup.
The Bodyshop Mechanic program was updated March 14 - if you use Bodyshop at all, you might want to take a look.
All my vehicles have now been updated to work, without alterations, with Numenor's Drivable Cars without NightLife mod.
Some of my downloads got corrupted in the recent hard-drive crash - These are all replaced now - and a big thanks to those who helped by sending the original .zip files.