Default Face Replacements 2: Electric Boogaloo
Updated: 7th Oct 2008 at 1:58 AM - adding some keywords
Hopefully I fixed the "huge forehead" problem that people had with my first set, along with any other criticism they had. This time, I was smart and asked for opinions BEFORE I posted. Go me! However, I know I can't please everyone, so I apologize if there are some templates not to your liking. And please keep in mind that the screenshots are limited; most of the character in the faces is seen from 3/4 or profile view.
If some of the templates seem familiar, that is probably because they were some of my born-in-game sims, tweaked and made into templates! #7, for example, is the offspring of Kaylynn Langerak and one of my aliens (the PT replacement I use is Pirate McSkittles, who was created by Keely, who kindly gave me permission to use parts of her sim's likeness).
Here's a quick shot of some of faces in the game. The thumbnails below feature 3 different versions of each face: one with CC, one without, and the Maxis face that it's replacing. You'll note that these aren't based on the Maxis faces in any way - they're just sims I made and liked the look of.
All content shown on the faces is Maxis, with the exception of the eyes and skins - skins are default blends that I made from Ephermera's BJD skin, and Rensim's Circonflex skins. They're not available for download, as per Ren's policy. The eyes are Seasons Eyes by Bruno, made default by spikesminx.
» All the files come pre-Compressorized, so you don't have to! The Compressorizer can be found here, if you don't have it and are a CC junkie like me. :D
Don't like these faces, or want a little more variety? Here are some links to the other face templates that I know of:
» AllenABQ's faces
» AmberDiceless's faces
» bruna00000's faces
» DocDoofus's faces
» Lunar Eclipse's faces
» Nailati's faces
» Oepu's faces
» Pooklet's faces
» Sarakadie's faces
» Spookymuffin's faces
» Starlit's faces
» Terrakosmos's faces
» Zazazu's faces
» Selzi's Older faces
» Selzi's NEW faces
» My Old Faces!
Or maybe you want to make your own set? I've written a comprehensive tutorial here! If you do make more, please PM me, I'd love to link them here.
Same as Maxis.
Motoki for her lovely tutorial, and Selzi for being totally awesome!
Special thanks to AllenABQ for their face template files!
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 4.07 MB · Downloads: 14,769 · 24th Sep 2008
|4.07 MB||14,769||24th Sep 2008|
Size: 4.07 MB · Downloads: 14,358 · 24th Sep 2008
|4.07 MB||14,358||24th Sep 2008|
Size: 4.14 MB · Downloads: 15,741 · 24th Sep 2008
|4.14 MB||15,741||24th Sep 2008|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
None, this is Sims 2 base game compatible!