Updated: 30th Mar 2020 at 10:18 AM
IKEA Stuff Pack is needed for the lamp light to work properly, as both lamps use tea candle light settings.
I've added Table Lamp mesh replacement files for anyone without IKEA Stuff Pack
(these use Shoji Table Lamp light settings - a bit different, less reddish hues).
Both lamps pull base texture & recolors from Antique Amphora. Lampshades have separate recolor files.
"Ancient Jug" - Based on Minoan octopus vases - 991 S
"Antique Amphora" - 998 S
"Small Round Ceramic Lamp" - 220 S
"Round Ceramic Lamp" - 400 S
Buy Mode/Lighting/Table Lamps/
Metal rack texture is slaved to base game "Tornado Torch Floor Lamp", so it will pick up recolors from it.
I've generated random GUIDs for my mesh files.
0xFA4663F5, 0xFB3F836F,0xDE5181A7, 0xD886FA7B
There's a very slight chance somebody generated the same GUID (mesh object's unique ID) for The Sims 2 creation at some point.
If you place two custom objects with the same GUID in your Downloads etc, only one will work.
Remember to check if all new object meshes you put in your folders show up in the game
EA Maxis, for lampshade mesh
"Ming Bird&Flowers" pattern comes from Chinese Ming period jar
featured here under "Late Ming Period" chapter.
Other patterns were borrowed from ancient Minoan Ceramics
And Dolphin Frieze from Knossos Palace
Antique Amphora: Poly=624, Vert.=534
Ancient Jug: Poly = 712, Vert.=605
Round Ceramic Lamps: Poly=962, Vert.=854
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
| Download if you do NOT have IKEA Stuff Pack - replacement for Table Lamp mesh files
Size: 266.5 KB · Downloads: 3,455 · 19th Aug 2019
|266.5 KB||3,455||19th Aug 2019|
Size: 1.83 MB · Downloads: 6,229 · 18th Aug 2019
|1.83 MB||6,229||18th Aug 2019|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
* If you get ERROR messages while unpacking .7z, .zip or .rar archives UPDATE YOUR 7-Zip or . If you use other software, make sure it's not outdated!
* I don't take commissions
* I don't play The Sims 4 so I don't have any interest/experience in making convertions. If you'd like to convert my stuff, go ahead, just let me know if you share it anywhere (but no paysites! And no TSR).
If you get errors when trying to download my files please let me know!