TS4 Luminous Bar, Pro Bar & Cube Conversion
Uploaded 7th Oct 2019 at 1:06 AM · Updated 5th Oct 2019 at 4:53 PM by enable_llamas
There are 3 separate items in the rar:
- "Luminous Bar" - regular bar, BG compatible; found under Surfaces/Miscellaneous and Hobbies & Skills/Parties; $1000
- "Luminous Bar Professional Edition" - professional bar, requires LN; found under Surfaces/Miscellaneous and Hobbies & Skills/Parties; $2000
- "Luminous Cube" - end table, BG compatible; found under Surfaces/End Tables; $200
All 3 objects have one fully recolorable preset and 8 others taken from the original TS4 recolors and made as an overlay. I did this because they look a little different than when you try to recolor them to match and I like the effect.
Luminous Cube - 1 channel; first preset fully recolorable
Luminous Bar - 2 channels; first preset fully recolorable, other 8 have the color/light up part non-recolorable and the black/dark part recolorable
Luminous Bar Professional Edition - 2 channels; first preset fully recolorable, other 8 have the color/light up part non-recolorable and the black/dark part recolorable
The default presets are all solid colors but I highly recommend to play around with them and try out different patterns as they all keep their glow and can produce some really cool effects like backlit marble or glitter. I've included some screenshot ideas to show you various things you can do with them.
Known issues: the UV map on the Professional Bar is a little bit warped on the first channel (black part) because of how I had to edit the mesh to fit the pro bar size, so I recommend to stick to solid colors for it. As this version was an absolute pain in the ass to get to work and is currently being held together by duct tape and black magic, I can't fix it at this point in time. Apologies for that. It's not game breaking or all that noticeable unless you use very graphic geometric patterns on it so it should be fine.
Last but not least a very special thank you to mspoodle1 without whom the pro bar would've never seen the light of day and also I'd have pulled all my hair out and be currently bald.
Oh, also thanks to jje1000 for the absolutely stunning Sao Paten where I pinched the poolside club from in the outdoor preview pics.
high - 84 verts; 94 faces
med - 68 verts; 76 faces
high - 582 verts; 550 faces
med - 566 verts; 532 faces
high - 1460 verts; 1422 faces
med - 566 verts; 532 faces
TS4, Blender, Milkshape, S3PE, Photoshop and most of all mspoodle1 for her patience and endless help with the pro bar.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||enablellamasLuminousCubeEndTableTS4Conv.package (inside enablellamasTS4ConvLuminousBarsAndCube.rar)|
|File type||End Tables|
|Filename||enablellamasLuminousBarProTS4Conv.package (inside enablellamasTS4ConvLuminousBarsAndCube.rar)|
|Filename||enablellamasLuminousBarTS4conversion.package (inside enablellamasTS4ConvLuminousBarsAndCube.rar)|
Size: 3.41 MB · Downloads: 2,671 · 7th Oct 2019
|3.41 MB||2,671||7th Oct 2019|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: