Updated: 23rd Apr 2020 at 9:34 AM
here's something I needed badly in my game: string lights with glow effect
(..and moderate polycount )
Flickering String Lights cost 45 S
the file includes two shades: plain gold and multicolor,
each in two animated variations: subtle flicker and crazy blink
Still String Lights cost 44 S
non-animated, four recolors included
Both can be found in Buy Mode/Lighting/Wall Lamps.
Note: the thumbnails seem almost empty, I didn't manage to replace it.
If you have Apartment Life, you can shift these and place on fences etc.
Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!
I've generated random GUIDs for these items.
There's a very slight chance somebody generated the same GUID (mesh object's unique ID) for The Sims 2 creation at some point.
If you put two custom objects with the same GUID in the game files, only one of them works.
As always, remember to check if new objects you put in your folders show up in the game.
in the screenshots:
Torrox Build windows by Moune999 @MTS2
Log Railing by Jeka @MTS2
Veranka's TS4 to TS2 "Neighbourly Windowbox" flowers
Barstools by BuggyBooz
Still & Animated String Lights: poly 564, vert 548
Additional Credits: Compressorizer
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||WallStringLights-Flickering-MESH.package (inside WallStringLights.7z)|
|Title||Flickering String Lights|
|Description||Twinkle twinkle ! ^_^ [email protected]|
|Filename||WallStringLights-Still-MESH.package (inside WallStringLights.7z)|
|Title||Still String Lights|
Size: 164.3 KB · Downloads: 8,062 · 12th Dec 2019
|164.3 KB||8,062||12th Dec 2019|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
* If you get ERROR messages while unpacking .7z, .zip or .rar archives UPDATE YOUR 7-Zip or . If you use other software, make sure it's not outdated!
* I don't take commissions
* I don't play The Sims 4 so I don't have any interest/experience in making convertions. If you'd like to convert my stuff, go ahead, just let me know if you share it anywhere (but no paysites! And no TSR).
If you get errors when trying to download my files please let me know!