Standing Talk/Conversation Hack for Movie Makers (and Storytellers)
Uploaded 24th Aug 2006 at 1:13 PM · Updated 25th Nov 2010 at 10:20 PM by whiterider
Talk (straightforward talking, some moderate ones that would be ok for conversations; there may be some overlap in style but I didn't want one menu to be too long and the other short)
Moderate Talker (some body movement but not too cartoony)
Animated Talker (cartoony)
Argue Talker (self-explanatory)
Argue Listener (both defensive and concillatory)
Listen Negative (self-explanatory)
Listen (normal listening, not cartoony)
Reaction (postive and mild negative)
Reaction Neg (High) (reactions that are negative but dramatic)
Agree (normal to moderate)
Disagree (normal to moderate)
Topics (in-game topics, cartoony)
Talk String (includes 2 custom combination of debate talk animations, 4 custom combinations of the normal talking, animated animations, and moderate animation strings)
Misc (includes handslap guestures, speech whistle, pray- pulled from apologize, handshake)
For the handslap and handshake animations, you get 2 sims to chat and then cancel that out. Then pause and cue up whatever handslap animations (or handshake) you want for each sim. Then unpause. It might take a couple of takes because the sims switch the arm that they use but it will line up. If you're having trouble, try having only one sim run through the motions and then do both (you can usually synch them on the 2nd take).
The can be found in Hobbies...Miscellaneous and the picture is from my long-running talkie series Adventures in Dating (AinD) (shamelss plug- http://www.decorgal.com, click on AinD) since that's for what I primarily made it.
I hope the hack conceptually makes sense. I spent a lot of time tweeking the menus so that the animations would be easy to find when you're shooting dialogue or interactions. Most movie makers don't play that much so they usually don't know what "admire acceptee" looks like). I tried to include anything that would be useful and took out any animation that didn't work or was not useful. I tried my best to make the animations conceptually fit in their respective categories so hopefully they will make sense to you.
This was an ambitious project for my first hack but I really needed this. I plan on making a sitting/talk one and phone talk one next- both out of necessity.
Please test and give me feedback! Special thanks to JixsTS2 for providing helping me with the steps for hack making. The Custom Interaction tutorial by Echo was very helpful too! Thanks to all the people who did the preliminary testing for me (you know who you are)!
Description: www.decorgal.com Decorgal's talk hack for movie makers.
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
|Open for Business|
Size: 67.7 KB · Downloads: 96,276 · 24th Aug 2006
|67.7 KB||96,276||24th Aug 2006|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
*The one exception to this is if you would like to translate one of my hacks. If you do, you may distribute the translated hack only on a non-English speaking forum (no general sims/downloads sites). Please give credit to me and a link back to decorgal.com.
Sorry but I do not take unsolicited requests.
Please do not email me about Sims 3. I don't have it.