The Bates Motel - Lodging to Die For
Uploaded 29th Sep 2007 at 2:21 AM · Updated 4th Oct 2007 at 10:45 AM by deann000
I love Hitchcock and have done several versions of the Bates home. This one was helped greatly by finding a 6 minute trailer on YouTube that Hitchcock made to advertize the film "Psycho". In the trailer, Hitchcock walks around the motel and house and talks about the thriller. There are some great shots of the house exterior, interior and of the motel. (The recreation for Psycho II at the Universal lot is a poor second.)
The lodging plays decently, but compromises were made to get the Bates look (and vice versa, look was compromised for playability). The Oldies took 5 of the friends there for 5 days. Hmm, which didn't work out so well as the guests could not order from room service and did not cook from the grill and so were a bit of a chore to keep fed. Foodbars work better for guests! Nevertheless, the vacation was a success and tweaks were made to get the playability decent.
The lot definitely needs the roof tools from Pets. And it is a lodging, which came with Bon Voyage. Other than that, not much is specific to any expansion.
There are two custom walls made by my daughter (PeachyFiend) and myself (Tulipmama). They are free for all simmers to use as they wish, including uploading in your own creations.
Title: Bates Motel (Psyco) IV
Description: The Bates Motel--lodging to die for. Hmm, do those old bones you dug up look...human?
Title: Tulipmama Earthtones Paint
Description: Tulipmama Earthtones Paint. Free to all sims users.
Title: Waners Gold and Brown
Description: The delightful Warners Gold and Brown striped wall. By PeachyFiend. Free to all simmers.
|Open for Business|
Bates Motel (Psyco).zip
Size: 1.14 MB · Downloads: 628 · 29th Sep 2007
|1.14 MB||628||29th Sep 2007|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64:
/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.