Socialite Expansion Set - Part One
Updated: 28th Jan 2012 at 2:44 PM by leesester
The set is quite small as there are two different socialite windows - the Perfect Pediment and the Classical Curves. This set is the Perfect Pediment and consists of four windows and two doors. The pic above shows a 1 tile version of the Maxis window; as you can see, I made it so it tiles.
I took the big window and shrank it down to a petite version of itself, and made a 1 tile and 2 tile version of it - (see picture with all 4 windows) and made a privacy window as well.
But what are windows without doors? I had a request to make a one tile version of the Socialite double doors, and while making it thought it would be cool if I could get a surround on it to match the windows. I managed it, just, and - see pic - it tiles and so looks very grand.
Of course not everyone likes grand so I am also uploading the original requested door by Phaenoh. The stone surround door looks like this on the inside.
And finally - yes, these are custom windows, so I took an interior shot for you to see that the small windows sit nicely above a counter. See screenshots at end of post.
LATE EDIT: I forgot to mention, these are repository windows and doors and so will pick up any recolours of the original Maxis items that you may have in your downloads folder. In the related tab there is a link to Guardgians white recolours of the doors used in this set.
POLY COUNTS APPLY TO DIAGONAL AND STRAIGHT
Equally Eloquent Doorway = 1324 polys and 350 simoleons
Perfect Pediment Door = 1666 polys and 350 simoleons
Petite Perfect Pediment 1 tile and 2 tile = 1066 polys and 170 simoleons
Perfect Pediment Window 1 tile = 1082 polys and 293 simoleons
Private Perfect Pediment Window = 566 polys and 85 simoleons
Maxis, for providing the original mesh and textures, SIMPE, Phaenoh for asking for the door, all the tutorial writers on MTS2, fway for being a sport and helping me when my UV map got screwed up, and MTS2 for giving me a place to share my stuff.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||Petite Perfect Pediment 2 tile straight.package (inside Social Set Part 1.rar)|
|Title||Petite Perfect Pediment Window on 2 Tiles|
|Description||Complete your home with the Perfect Pediment by the Al Waisopin Design Company. Featuring a classic low gable design, you are sure to be pleased with the Perfect Pediment.|
Social Set Part 1.rar
Size: 227.6 KB · Downloads: 25,099 · 25th Mar 2009
|227.6 KB||25,099||25th Mar 2009|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
In addition to all the things I have uploaded to MTS I also have a site of my own, leefish.nl. We have free downloads from various creators and accept Sims related uploads from members. Click on the link below to visit the site.
Extra Policy Information
Please feel free to use my meshes in your lots as long as you give me credit for it and please do not share elsewhere as your own work.
The only exception to my policy for uploading with lots is the milk bottle door changer, which should not be uploaded in a lot.
Feel free to include any of my meshes in mesh packs etc in your uploads EXCEPT for on Pay Sites.
If you use my items I would love to know about it, but you don't have to tell me if you don't want to.