Ginormous Rocks Granite Edition: UPDATED File!
Updated: 21st Mar 2011 at 9:17 PM - File Update
I'm sure I'm not the only one disappointed by the lack of a decent rock selection for use when landscaping gardens and such. Now these rocks, I've extracted from the game were for use as neighborhood/world decoration. These are rather extremely large. However, for those of you who are adept with terrain sculpting tools and the moveObject cheat, these rock may come in pretty useful.
Now one weird thing I haven't really played around with. When first testing these rocks out, I plopped one down right smack in the middle of a house, which it completely enveloped. And I clicked for my sim to interact with something inside the rock, and he walked right through the rock! There may be some use to that, so I left it. I am unsure if this may occur in other instances. I did try walking through one on a community lot which was vacant before I slapped the rocks down, and nothing inside the rocks to click on. But didn't path through or anything. Haven't really tested it much, so feedback is appreciated.
This is the Granite set. I also will upload the Mountain set, my computer crashed before I took screens. Completely unrelated to the game, my video card is defective. I may upload a lot utilizing these rocks, hopefully it will inspire others. There are a lot of possibilities of what you can create. There will be another set coming after the mountains, of miscellaneous mountain rocks.
I priced all rocks as 25 simoleons. Which is in between the prices of everything else in the rock section. So the whole set will be easy to discern. The titles seem to be numerical with lots of **** despite the fact I renamed everything. A few of them came out right, and I did the same thing with both and even re-extracted it, etc. If anyone knows of a solution to this I would like to know and will update with corrected versions.
The smallest rock in this set is taller than a single floor wall (no foundation). I have a sim and a wall piece in screens for size reference. I tried to take all shots from a similar perspective. Enjoy!
S3 Object Cloner by Peter Jones
Pattern featured on walls is from my Japanese Theme pack. And model sim is my unused Legacy, Guile Reignson. I may upload him eventually, after I make some custom stuffs for him.
Description: Bld_gillian ivy_rock granite smooth l01
Description: Bld_gillian ivy_rock granite smooth l02
Description: Bld_gillian ivy_rock granite smooth l03
Description: Bld_gillian ivy_rock granite xl01
Description: Bld_gillian ivy_rock granite xl02
Description: Bld_gillian ivy_rock granite xl03
Description: Bld_gillian ivy_rock granite xl01
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
| New rocks repackaged by Ashillion - All rocks!
Size: 1.91 MB · Downloads: 1,940 · 21st Mar 2011
|1.91 MB||1,940||21st Mar 2011|
Size: 1.16 MB · Downloads: 4,230 · 10th Sep 2009
|1.16 MB||4,230||10th Sep 2009|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
None, this is Sims 3 base game compatible!
Only available at the Rejected!
***NEW*** The Rejected Wiki ***NEW***
Follow @RejectedSims on Twitter.
I am currently taking custom sim portrait requests. I can emulate a variety of styles. Please check out my gallery at DeviantArt.com http://gillianivy.deviantart.com
**No remixes/Updating (Contact me first!)**
Proud participant of the first Builder's Boulevard exclusive neighborhood project:
Come check it out!