Job Seeking Noticeboard (One-Tile) - Including Pet Jobs
Uploaded 16th Nov 2009 at 7:19 PM · Updated 28th Aug 2010 at 12:37 PM by MogHughson : People are not reading the two-tile version text
Back in the days of the base Sims 2 game, there were 10 job tracks and searching for your dream job in the Newspaper or on a computer generally only took a couple of days before the random choice of 3 or 4 jobs respectively, came up with your choosen career track.
These days with all the new Expansion Packs (and additionally career mods), there are twice as many jobs to choose from and with still only 3 or 4 jobs a day, it can take a week sometimes before your career track appears.
The Job Seeking Notice board allows you to select any job directly without trawling through lots of jobs you are not interested in. The job is offered to you in exactly the same way as from a newspaper or computer (using the online job finder), that is, you are offered a job at the appropriate level (based on previous jobs, e.g. as a teen; degree or lack of it; pregnancy) and it checks if you already have a job that you really want to change to this new one. It will not allow you to waltz into the job centre and demand a level 10 job in any career - that's just not true to life. It works for Adult Jobs, Teen/Elder Jobs and Pet Jobs, and for Maxis Careers and Custom Careers. Note: Elder Pets and Spectral Cats (new in Apartment Life) cannot get jobs - just as with other job offering mechanisms.
It works in exactly the same way as the two-tile version, so please have a read of that thread for all the main details.
Although matching, the recolours are not repositoried (different layout for the smaller area) so this is a completely stand-alone object and does not require the two-tile board to work. You can have one or the other or both as you wish.
I have categorised the notice board as Decorative/Misc to match the open/close shop sign.
There are recolours for Sim Jobs, and Pets Jobs in both English and Simlish, to match the two-tile version.
Please note, this is a file. If you don't know what to do with one of those, see here.
Quaxi for SimPEwiki
SIMale: For the Simlish Font
Numenor: For the AnyGameStarter.
ebruere: For this which enabled me to do Pet Jobs properly.
GeneralOperationsDirector and Numenor: For the idea and know-how for the placement options configuration
This object is fully translated into all the same languages as the two-tile version. Please see that thread for languages and credits.
Type: Object Mods
|Filename||jobs-noticeboard-one-tile-Mog-20091012.package (inside jobs-noticeboard-one-tile-Mog-20091012.rar)|
|Title||Job Seeking Noticeboard|
|Description||Looking in a newspaper is unlikely to find you your dream job. Come to the Job Center and all your dreams (of jobs) will come true.|
| Base compatible 1-tile Job Seeking Noticeboard
Size: 61.2 KB · Downloads: 54,844 · 16th Nov 2009
|61.2 KB||54,844||16th Nov 2009|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
The creator also recommends the following uploads: