PLAIN 'Cortinas Festivas!' and 'Traditional Curtains' blinds *Updated 21-Oct-11*
Updated: 21st Oct 2011 at 5:43 PM - Updated for Pets
* The files have now been updated to make them shiftable.*
Pandora3co asked in my other thread if I would be able to make a plain version of the base game blinds. I decided to have a go as I thought it would be something I would also like to see in my own game.
As a result I have now created plain versions of the Cortinas Festivas! blind and the Traditional Curtains blind.
They can be found in the decor section of the catalogue just in front of the originals as these cost slightly less, as seen in the screenshots. I figured they should be cheaper as there is no stenciled design.
They come in the four original designs, minus the stencil, and below is a picture to illustrate some recolour options through CAST.
Please don't redistribute but feel free to link back to this thread.
Don't forget to click the thanks button
Same as EA originals.
Wes H for the plugins,
cmomoney for help with deleting the stencils.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
| Blinds updated for 1.26 patch and Pets
Size: 94.6 KB · Downloads: 2,537 · 21st Oct 2011
|94.6 KB||2,537||21st Oct 2011|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: