Steamed Elegance: Steampunk Robots and Crafter Station
Updated: 3rd Jan 2010 at 11:39 PM
Because of troubles recoloring, the Steampunk Robot Crafter comes in two downloadable forms:
A basic recolor of the original crafting station with blue blueprints:
And a more old-fashioned clone of the crafting station with ink and parchment blueprints:
Also included in this package are the Steampunk Hover Station recolor and the Steampunk Rover Station recolor. After you build your robots, just use the design tool on their station to change the station into a more appropriate steampunk aesthetic. (Note: some parts of the stations are silver, as using station clones would be a hassle for the user and some parts of the stations were not recolorable.)
Fire, trash, food, burglars: all these things are no longer worries, because with these robots, you can rest assured you are in good hands! Until they run amok, but hey, these things have no warranty, so… not our problem!
Clothing from Garden of Shadows and Allaboutstyle.
Hair from Raonsims.
Furniture and clutter from Modthesims2 and GardenofShadows.
If you want a servo to go along with this set, check out Almighty Hat's beautiful wooden servo at GOS HERE.
These were originally a present I made for RenK for GOS Secret Santa, who has been sweet enough to let me upload these. I also want to thank her endlessly for her patience and support in waiting for me to upload these.
Huge HUGE thank to HugeLunatic and Echo for fixing my cloned recolor station for me. You guys are a lifesaver and this never would have been uploaded without you!
Description: A Robot Crafter with an old world charm and just a touch of science. Unlike that other, LESSER, robot station, our robot station will never create defective robots. All of our robots are totally safe and will never spew trash, puddles, or fatal sparks. And they certainly will never run amok! Believe us! They don't! Really! Pro-Tip: We're lying. Of course, that doesn't stop this Crafter from being one sexy machine. Steampunk never goes out of style! Made by WhiteWaterWood at MTS/GOS
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
|Open for Business|
| Cloned Recolor, Parchment Pictures
Size: 439.0 KB · Downloads: 7,861 · 3rd Jan 2010
|439.0 KB||7,861||3rd Jan 2010|
| Normal Recolor, Blue Pictures
Size: 248.1 KB · Downloads: 6,596 · 3rd Jan 2010
|248.1 KB||6,596||3rd Jan 2010|
| Craftable Robot Recolors
Size: 263.3 KB · Downloads: 8,877 · 3rd Jan 2010
|263.3 KB||8,877||3rd Jan 2010|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64:
/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
If you use my items in your uploads, you don't have to ask me, but I'd love to see what you've done! If you want to use my textures, however, I would really appreciate if you asked me beforehand. A lot of my textures are maxis-match, but that doesn't mean that all of them are textures MADE by maxis. Don't worry, I'll almost certainly say yes! Keep in mind that if you do something with my work that I don't approve of (and trust me, this would be almost impossible to do), even if it doesn't violate the rest of my policy, I have the right to ask you to remove it. If you're worried about it, feel free to pm me, but I really doubt this will come up, as I am very open about my policy.
Above all, enjoy!