Spanish balconies for Sims3
Now I'm just playing Sims3 and I miss them, because of the floortile that is required to put in the façades surrounded by a fence, that causes a huge shadow and that seems extremely odd and out of proportion to me.
Until EA decides to make an expansion pack like Apartment Life or Mansions and Gardens, full of good ironwork and beautiful windows, try with this object, simply cloned from a curtain. It allows you to add more window decoration, like awnings, shutters, flowers or wall lights. You were able, not only to design single one tile balconies, but to link them in medium tiles to get the effect of a balconade, as it shown in the pic below.
The new mesh, entirely handcrafted by me, comes with four different textures and each one uses three pattern channels. I mixed my own patterns with EA made, specially to get a decent metal effect, in black, silver, painted old white and weathered brown. As you can see, you can make this way balconies also for your french, portuguese or italian sims
Description, price and where to find it
The balcony is FULLY RECOLORABLE with three patterns: Iron posts and rail, Ornament and Floor. The floor wear the blue channel, so the darker it is, the darker the whole object. I recommend also to paint in dark colours because of a not very noticeable seam effect that I have hard worked to delete in the last version, but is slighty arising with some colors and with bright sunlight.
It is located in Buy Mode, Decoration, Curtains, and it costs 215 simoleons.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 210.3 KB · Downloads: 17,864 · 10th Jan 2010
|210.3 KB||17,864||10th Jan 2010|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
Wide Open Policy
You can recolor, retexture and modify alphas LINKING BACK to the thread at MTS to get the meshes.
You can upload my objects with your lots in FREE SITES WITH CREDITS AND LINK TO MTS.
You can include pics of my creations freely WITH CREDIT TO NANISIM.
In any case, thanks to all who like and apreciate my work!