Mangonel Siege Engine (Medieval)
Updated: 14th Apr 2010 at 5:52 PM - Finally smoothed the wheels and bucket! Thanks to great advice from a moderator!
A mangonel was used during the middle ages as mainly a siege weapon. It hurled large stones at castle walls to wear away and eventually breach the walls. Nasty and, in my opinion, gross attackers, used to also load dead animals and even PEOPLE and hurl them into the castle grounds in the hopes of spreading diseases. (O.K. enough history lesson) But it may have been handy in a dragon fight too!
Anyway, it still looks functional even though it is just a decoration for your castle yard. It would have been nice to make it fully functional, but alas, this is The Sims and not World of Warcraft <evil grin>. NOTE: Sorry, but the rocks you see in the pictures aren't included and the dragon has been vanquished! Yay!
This is my last upload for the Medieval Challenge. You will need the University EP to access this mesh in game. I had lots of fun making items and I hope you all enjoy the content in your games.
Cost: 550 simoleons
SimPE, Adobe CS4, Blender 3D, MilkShape and many fine tutorial from the great folks here at MTS2.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: Neighbors getting on your nerves? Does the young knight from the castle next door keep climbing your castle wall to get to your daughter?! Time to bring out the weapons and go to war! Oh, and don't forget to bring your mangonel. Them castle walls are thick as young knights' head!
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 1.17 MB · Downloads: 4,642 · 16th Apr 2010
|1.17 MB||4,642||16th Apr 2010|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Welcome to my User Page
I enjoy making meshes and texturing. If you find any problems with any of my creations, please leave a feedback comment on the items download page so I can take a look at it and perhaps explain or fix what you have found. Thanks for visiting my page.