Sims 3 Shop Halloween hair as afro *NOW WITH AM*
Updated: 7th Sep 2011 at 1:24 PM - Adding AM; fixing problems
Changes from the original:
1. Mesh resized and reshaped.
2. Small EA errors in mesh corrected.
3. White wiggly thing removed (and its textures removed from the diffuse, specular etc so as to reduce file size).
4. Scalp and face textures altered.
5. Converted for child and toddler.
6. Custom face and scalp textures made for child and toddler.
7. Control texture altered so the tips no longer look quite as odd. (They’re still pretty odd, mind.)
1. I made a large dent in the side of the hair for the left ear to fit into. If the ears stick out a very large amount, this dent will be visible, and if they are close to the sides of the head they may clip the hair. I don’t think the issue is particularly noticeable, however.
2. You can sometimes see through the roots at the front, especially if the hair is a light colour. This was EA’s idea, not mine.
3. From the back it looks like a haybale, as illustrated in the screenshots. Also EA’s fault.
4. The tips look rather strange. I would recommend you don’t make a significantly different shade from the main colour or the effect will be really peculiar.
Also, the style is so tall that it won’t actually fit into the thumbnail. XP
I used the LOD0 as the LOD1 because the poly count is sort of relatively low and I was having trouble making the LOD1 look decent. I didn’t key this style to the Moster Bride hair because I don’t think many people will have it. I was going to key the child and toddler versions to the adult style, but since both of them have custom face and scalp textures this seemed pointless.
This will not replace the Moster Bride hair. You do not need the Moster Bride hair for it to work.
EDIT: Now with child and toddler unisex versions! Only keep one file of each - female OR unisex - or you will be wasting space in your Packages folder, as the unisex version replaces the female-only one in CAS.
LOD2 AF: 796
LOD3 AF: 245
LOD2 CF: 696
LOD3 CF: 246
LOD2 PF: 700
LOD3 PF: 241
OH MY GOD WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME THE AF HAIR HAD THE WRONG SCALP TEXTURE?! I have reuploaded it with the right one. PLEASE REDOWNLOAD! I think in future I’ll put a big warning on my posts saying “Please Tell Me If Anything Is Wrong”, since I seem to have a habit of doing this.
Also: adult male hair now ready to go! Poly counts are the same as AF. The age groups YA-Elder are perfectly all right and basically look much the same as the female version, though, as you can see, the style doesn’t work all that well with sideburns. The Teen scalp textures, however, are distorted and do not line up. This is NOT my fault (for once); EA have messed up the UV mapping on the teen male scalp. The last I heard, Bloom was working on a fix that would correct this issue; I very much hope he will, because I’m not at all impressed with EA’s work here.
Skin is "Nice" by Lady Frontbum.
Eyes are Hysterical Paroxysm's "Subtle Glance" default replacements.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
FroFromHalloween female all ages FIXED.zip
Size: 7.02 MB · Downloads: 10,799 · 6th Sep 2011
|7.02 MB||10,799||6th Sep 2011|
FroFromHalloween teen-elder male.zip
Size: 2.37 MB · Downloads: 7,651 · 6th Sep 2011
|2.37 MB||7,651||6th Sep 2011|
FroFromHalloween child and toddler UNISEX.zip
Size: 4.59 MB · Downloads: 7,219 · 2nd Aug 2011
|4.59 MB||7,219||2nd Aug 2011|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: