Samsung Galaxy Y - Update added for University Life
Updated: 2nd Mar 2014 at 2:03 AM
Usual installation instructions, of course, but since this is a shared asset you may have to disable or delete any existing phone .package files on your TS3 mods folder to prevent any conflicts.
UPDATE: Added pink version per request from alas99greener.
UPDATE 2: Added version for University Life. Anyone having trouble with selecting/controlling Sims with the basegame phone mod should disable it and install this instead.
Special thanks to Cryssi, Rachel, Shannon, Tosyk, Mike Bruski, Jake, Shom and all of my buddies at American Girl Playthings, Mafia Scene and TGTAP.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
No game information could be extracted from this file
Description: Phone cell
Description: Phone cell
Description: Ep09/phone smart phone
| Updated build for University Life users.
Size: 2.00 MB · Downloads: 2,489 · 13th Mar 2013
|2.00 MB||2,489||13th Mar 2013|
| Samsung Galaxy Y - Pink Edition
Size: 436.7 KB · Downloads: 3,602 · 26th Jul 2012
|436.7 KB||3,602||26th Jul 2012|
| Samsung Galaxy Y - for 1.27 and later.
Size: 427.2 KB · Downloads: 8,669 · 1st Jun 2012
|427.2 KB||8,669||1st Jun 2012|
| Raw project files for the mod
Size: 4.44 MB · Downloads: 13,477 · 1st Jun 2012
|4.44 MB||13,477||1st Jun 2012|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
Not much to say, but I mod games as a hobby for more than three years and counting, and I'm also an occasional parodist and a pop culture critic. I first started modding back in my high school days, when I got myself a copy of the original Sims game, as well as a rather obscure Harley-Davidson racing game that used Targas for textures. I don't know how to make 3D models at that time, so I made do with some texture edits with billboards and various other assets.
It was in 2007 when I fell in love with the Grand Theft Auto series - the games were known for being highly customisable, so I decided to join in the scene and learn the ropes of GTA editing; this was when I made friends with several veteran modders. This also paved the way for some more modding adventures, which got me more into making mods for TS2 and eventually TS3.
Feel free to redistribute and/or modify my works, but please credit me whenever possible. You may post them at The Exchange, but I strongly advise that you upload them somewhere else.