Fix Lot Value after using the Stay-Things Shrub
Updated: 6th Nov 2020 at 4:51 PM by HugeLunatic - fixed link
The StayThingsShrub Fixer will undo this side effect, ensuring that your unoccupied lot value includes the current value of all objects on the lot, so that the next family to move into the lot will pay its real value.
To fix the valuation after moving your family out, just edit the lot and choose the object (a red box with a picture of a lot for sale) from Misc / Misc in the Buy menu and the lot value will be reset. Once the object has been placed and the lot value restored, you can delete the object.
Note that this mod is only useful on an unoccupied lot. If you use this mod on an occupied lot, it sets objects back to the default state, where they will be deleted when your family moves out. This is exactly the same as choosing "Let objects vanish at moveout" from the Stay-Things Shrub menu. The main difference is that the StayThingsShrub Fixer will work on an unoccupied lot.
Poly Count: 12
Quaxi and Peter and Inge Jones, for SimPE:
Numenor, for the AnyGameStarter, which allowed me to test this mod with various game configurations:
Inge Jones, for the Stay-Things Shrub:
Pescado, for his magic wand. The magic wand will also ensure that the value of all objects is included in the lot value, but has other features which you may not want.
Description: Fixes the incorrect lot value which occurs after using the StayThingsShrub from SimLogical. You can delete this object once placed. Find it under Misc / Misc. By Mootilda
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 2.8 KB · Downloads: 7,341 · 12th Dec 2012
|2.8 KB||7,341||12th Dec 2012|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Sharing, Requests, Help
Please do not share my programs, lots, or neighborhoods without my permission. Instead, please direct people to the latest release on this website.
Feel free to share my mods, but be sure to give people a link to the download thread here, just in case there are any future fixes.
The source code for most of my programs is available in the download thread. If I am inactive on ModTheSims for a year, or if I die, you may take over development and support of any of my programs without my permission, but the program must remain free of cost and you must keep the source code in the public domain.
If you have requests for new tools, or suggestions for existing tools, please post in the Moo Tools social group; see my Group Memberships for link. I do not accept requests for anything other than programs.
For help with any of my tools, please post in the appropriate download thread.
DO NOT ask for help or support via PM.
I will delete such requests without responding. Please see rule #5 here for details: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=135664