Sims 2 Plantsim Hair - Adults, Elders, Teens, Children
Uploaded 14th Dec 2014 at 5:17 PM · Updated 4th Mar 2017 at 11:14 AM by Esmeralda : Changed title and text to indicate non-Toddler
It comes in two packages, one for adults (Teens - Elders) and one for children. For variety, it comes with 9 recolours as shown in the pic below.
1) Default green, 2) slightly wilted yellow-green, 3) a bit more wilted brownish-green, 4) autumnal brown, 5) autumnal red, 6) green with red flowerbuds, 7) blueish green with orange and green flowerbuds, 8) green with blue flowerbuds, and 9) green with magenta and yellow flowerbuds.
It is not hat-compatible. I couldn't make hat-chop meshes that looked at all good from this mesh, and you probably don't really want to put a hat on this hair anyway. I did make a set of 'emergency' bald half-meshes that I mapped to pick up the leafy texture, though, to use as hat-chops just in case your plantsim finds him/herself in a situation in which they get automatically changed into a hat, for instance if a job forces it. But I don't recommend it for everyday situations, as it doesn't look good.
In-game, a plantsim family models it for us in front view and back view:
Below, big brother does some woodwork while little brother and Mom play chess.
And a couple of the kids swim while Dad burns the tofu dogs.
Recolouring: I've attached a grayscale template file on the Download tab in case anyone wants to try making recolours. The flowerbuds on top are the two small light-gray squares to the left of the texture, and the rest is the leaf and stem colours.
Thanks for looking, hope you'll find this useful for your supernatural sims.
My TS3 conversion of this hair (teen-elder only): http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=441726
Unzip the file and move the two .package files to your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods folder.
1212 polys each
Made with Sims 4 Studio, Milkshape, Blender, and s4pe.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||Esmeralda_PlantsimHair_M+F,Teen-Elder.package (inside Esmeralda_PlantsimHair_AllAges.zip)|
|Title||MedStraightEdgeAsym by Esmeralda|
|Mesh name:||MedStraightEdgeAsym by Esmeralda|
|Filename||Esmeralda_PlantsimHair_M+F,Children.package (inside Esmeralda_PlantsimHair_AllAges.zip)|
|Title||BuzzCut by Esmeralda|
|Mesh name:||BuzzCut by Esmeralda|
plantsim hair texture greyscale.zip
Size: 105.9 KB · Downloads: 3,894 · 14th Dec 2014
|105.9 KB||3,894||14th Dec 2014|
Size: 1.93 MB · Downloads: 7,198 · 14th Dec 2014
|1.93 MB||7,198||14th Dec 2014|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
Need more information?
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
~ * ~ RETIRED CREATOR ~ * ~
My Fallout 4 creations: www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/38171995 . And some more of my Fallout 4, TS4 and TS3 stuff: http://colorfulcommonwealth.proboards.com/
~ * ~ POLICY ~ * ~
I'm pretty easygoing, please just don't steal or copy my work.
You may recolour my meshes, just please credit me and give a link back here to the item(s).
You may include my creations with your sims, lots, storytelling, etc - just please credit me and give a link back here to my item(s).
Don't claim my creations to be your own work, don't re-upload my stuff to paysites, adfly sites or similar, or to The Gallery.
And, please don't copy my work and upload it here. I learned that's allowed when someone duplicated my Sims 2 Servo conversion and got Featured for it. But, as happened with that person, you'll be disrespected by other Simmers for copying. Because of that, I now ask that if you choose to duplicate my work, you must credit me for having done it first and give a link to my item.