Updated: 25th Jun 2015 at 6:54 AM - Making Requested Changes
The Sims 4 is a great game, but there are a lot of things missing from previous games. Something I really missed from TS2 and TS3 was the ability for my Sims to own and drive cars to community lots. My Sims kept getting jealous seeing all those decorative cars driving by their house every day, and so I decided to bring drivable cars back to the game so my Sims could hit the road too. Now with this mod, your Sims can own and drive the very same cars that they see on the road every day. They don't have to be jealous anymore!
This mod adds five (5) drivable cars to the game. The cars range in price from §10000 to §20000 and can be found in the Hobbies and Activities > Misc sort in Function Mode and Outdoors > Activities in Room Mode.
The cars must be placed on terrain, but they can go anywhere on your lot and as long as your Sims can reach them, they can use them. To drive the cars, simply click on them and use the "Drive to..." interaction. Your Sim will approach the car and the map screen will appear. When your Sim arrives at their chosen destination, they'll receive a "Traveled in Style" +3 emotional moodlet - the emotion of this moodlet will depend on which car your Sim used.
The cars, their prices and their associated emotions are as follows:
- Smoogo Minima - costs §10000 and gives the driver a Playful moodlet.
- Smord P328 - costs §12500 and gives the driver a Focused moodlet.
- Tofunda Wagon - costs §15000 and gives the driver an Energized moodlet.
- Vorn Stallion - costs §17500 and gives the driver a Flirty moodlet.
- Bwan Speedster YL - costs §20000 and gives the driver a Confident moodlet.
This mod was created in a game that has all packs installed, but it only uses files from the base game, so it should be base game compatible. It should also work for all patch levels, as the included tuning and interactions are unique to these objects.
The cars don't actually move and there aren't any animations for using them. This can't really be helped, as EA didn't design the meshes to be animated anyway.
Sims 4 Studio for allowing me to extract the meshes and edit the tuning, Scumbumbo for his tutorial on adding custom interactions to objects, and EA for making a good, but incomplete game.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 10.02 MB · Downloads: 458,033 · 26th Jun 2015
|10.02 MB||458,033||26th Jun 2015|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
Need more information?
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.