Updated: 6th Aug 2016 at 4:14 AM
Long ago, back in 2013, I download a lot called Pleasantview Community Church, by Batanau, with the intention of adding a graveyard and create a place for my Sims to gather and remember their loved ones. I liked the atmosphere in Batanau's lot, it was very calm, and peaceful, just like it should be. It was a perfect base for the lot I wanted. I added a cemetery around the chapel, and remodelled the interior to better represent what I am used to, but keeping many elements of the great elements in the original lot.
I am very fond of the result, so after much consideration I decided to see if Batanau might be okay with me sharing my modified version, and very kindly he was So, this is my modified version of the lot Pleasantview Community Church, with added graveyard and re-dubbed Spiritual Cemetery.
The cemetery has room for 120 gravestones. 95 in the Sim area, and 25 in the pet section. There are a variety of sizes of gravestone-plots, most of them single gravestone plots, but with larger options for couples and families to lie next to each other.
The uploaded lot has not been visited by Sims, and has had no contact with graves of any kind. The three pictures showing graves and Sims were taken on a separate copy of the lot, to give you an example of how it could look.
CC Included - But not mandatory
This lot requires a bit of CC, because I want it to look right. None of it is necessary for the lot to work, so if you don't want to have it, you can opt out and replace the missing items with your own things. Just be aware that some of the things you see in the screenshots won't be the same.
Some of the CC does not pack automatically with the lot, so I have added it in a folder in the zip. Put the folder or the files inside it in your downloads folder.
- White fence based on the chic stair, by HugeLunatic (Original upload here) Does not require any scriptorium-files, just put in downloads.
- Master patio table, required for the included patio table to work, by Honeywell (Entire set here). If the table with candles flash blue, you need to add this file.
Thank you to the creators of the CC that comes with this lot, for the generous policy allowing it to be included. See below for a full list of the CC included, and links to the original uploads.
CC required but not included
Like the included CC, these aren't mandatory for the lot to work, but it won't look the same without it.
In order to place the lotus flowers on the altar, and the candles on the tables, I had to use OMSPs. SilentLucidity allows her content to be included in lots, but I imagine most people already have this set, and those that don't ought to read the information before getting it. The set used is Full Range Shiftable OMSPs - Closer than we've ever been!, a set with purple OMSPs in ten different heights. Please see the original thread for more information on how OMSPs work, if you aren't familiar with them.
The altar is created using RetailSims jewelry counter, and her policy states it may not be included in uploads. Download it from the Jewelry Shop Set, it is the Plain Counter, fourth item in the set, with the missing thumbnail.
I added three pictures from my game, showing you examples of how I use CC flowers to simulate planting flowers on graves, which is also tradition where I come from. I created a WCIF asking for tips of CC flowers to use like this, and I got many great suggestions, so if you are interested in doing the same, I recommend that you read the replies to my thread and check out the excellent suggestions. Read it here.
- Batanau for the wonderful lot that I modified, who was kind enough to let me share my version with you. Thank you very much for creating it, and for letting me share my version! If you like this upload, make sure you go thank the original upload
- The creators of the CC I used for this lot, especially SilentLucidity for her excellent OMSPs that allow decorating on a whole new level. Also a special mention to -Maylin- for her virgin mary statue texture, which I used to recolor the altar.
- Charity for unknowingly giving me the idea to share this lot with others
Lot Size: 5x4
Lot Price (furnished): 165054
Custom Content by Me:
- Jewelry counter recolor
- Virgin Mary sculpture recolor
Custom Content Included:
- Shady Umbrella Table by Honeywell at MTS
- Virgin Mary sculpture by -Maylin- at MTS
- Lotus flowers by steffor at TSR
- Painting 810 by OM by Avalon
- Shady Patio Table by Honeywell at MTS
Number of bedrooms:
Not Applicable: For Commercial Lots
Custom Content Included:
Build and Buy Mode Content: Furniture, decorations, etc.
Fully Furnished: Lot is completely decked out in furnishings
|Open for Business|
|Kitchen & Bath|
|Mansion and Garden|
Size: 1.48 MB · Downloads: 2,303 · 6th Aug 2016
|1.48 MB||2,303||6th Aug 2016|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
- You may want to use the Sims2Pack Clean Installer Official Site. instead of the game's installer, which will let you install sims and pets which may otherwise give errors about needing expansion packs. It also lets you choose what included content to install. Do NOT use to get around this error with lots and houses as that can cause your game to crash when attempting to use that lot. Get here:
About my creations
--- Hanging out in Sim Crafters discord group ---
--- No longer sharing content on MTS ---
I hope to return one day but for now consider me retired, and my uploads unsupported.
Hello! If you ever downloaded something of mine, thank you! It's a great feeling seeing something you spent time on be useful to someone else in their game, and with all the great CC out there I'm very flattered you would choose to get something of mine.
I do not take requests! Please don't PM me with requests, I won't respond. I do sometimes make things for people, but only when I see someone wishing for something on the forums and I feel like making it for them. So if you have a mod you wish would exist, make a post in Hacks and CC that you'd like to see!-thread. That's what it's there for after all! :)
A shoutout to VioletPadfoot for inspiring me to try creating, long ago. You gave me the nudge that got me started, and I'm very grateful. I'd also like to thank all of the wonderful experienced creators (gdayars, justJones, maybesomethingdunno, NixNivis and many more) out there that wrote the tutorials I've used, or that has answered my questions when I've gotten stuck. You guys are what makes learning fun, and what inspires me to keep expanding my knowledge with new projects. Special thanks to Michelle who has helped me a lot when it comes to objects and recolors, and BoilingOil who taught me some modding basics that I needed when I started modding more seriously.
For my mods (global mods/modded objects) I would like to be asked before you share something based on my work. I'll probably say yes, but I'd still like to be asked :) If I'm no longer around, then you are free to do whatever you like, but as long as I'm still active I'd like to be asked first. If the mod thread itself says policy is open, then that specific creation is open and you are welcome to do what you like with it.
Because I suck at making textures for recolors, I mostly edit things that already exist. Thank you to all you creators out there with open policies that allow me to do so. If you want to use something of mine for an unrelated project and I based mine on someone elses texture, please make sure you check their policy too. With my own textures you may use however you like. Exception to this rule are default replacements. Do not make default replacements using my creations. You can PM me and ask permission, but the answer is most likely no.
Only share content on tumblr now. Still retired though so probably nothing, but if something new comes out, that's where it'll be. You can find it linked here on my profile.