Arboreal Flooring (+ some gate recolors)
A few years back I finally discovered the joy of playing for badges and skills (don't know why I ignored this for so long), and I built a lot of basement gardens for my city-dwelling Sims who had no yards. Naturally, I used the Arboreal Ascendancy steps to get down to the gardens. I wanted wood floors, but there were no matching green ones available (that I could find) and I had no clue how to make my own. So it's been on my to-do list for quite a while. Now it's checked off.
There's some matching gate recolors here, as well; because, it's hard to stop once you get going.
I wanted to make some columns and a new gate mesh that better fit the style of the Arboreal Fence, but that was not a good idea. Why? Because the amazing HugeLunatic has already done it better than I could hope to. Find them here. She also included a pretty nifty remake of the Arboreal Fence that you should check out
All the textures are from the original EAxis floors and gates. My only contribution here is recoloring them in GIMP and making new packages.
Floors - Build Tools>Flooring>Wood
Gates - Build Tools>Miscellaneous>Gates
Slimming Oak Parquet - 6
Limber Timber - 6
KwikGro - 6
Smitty's Distressed Floorboards - 3
Smitty's Distressed Parquet - 6
Natural Pine - 4
Aged Gothic - 6
Dusty Mountain - 4
Tashiketh for the MTS site
Quaxi and the others that contributed to the program
Numenor and RGiles for the that makes recoloring accessible and easy(er)
Title: Smitty's Distressed Floorboards in Arboreal Green
Description: These floorboards may look worn and battered, but that's because they've stood up to decades of use on stages throughout Studio Town. Also available in parquet. recolor by dARE
Title: Smitty's Distressed Parquet in Arboreal Green
Description: This parquet flooring has the worn, battered look that's all the rage in hip areas of SimCity. recolor by dARE
Title: Aged Gothic Light Wood in Arboreal Green
Description: Wood is like wine: it gets better with age. Aged Gothic Light Wood takes that philosophy and runs with it - right back to 12th century France. recolor by dARE
Title: Dusty Mountain Wood in Arboreal Green
Description: Not too clean and not too dirty, this outdoorsy floor exhibits a mountain flair. recolor by dARE
Title: "KwikGro" Deck Flooring in Arboreal Green
Description: This deck flooring was harvested from environmentally-sound, easily renewable KwikGro redwoods, so your Sims won't feel guilty when walking these planks. recolor by dARE
Title: Limber Timber Deck Flooring in Arboreal Green
Description: Limber Timber is known not only for its durability but also its flexibility. In fact, the manufacturers considered calling it "DuraFlex Timber," but that didn't rhyme. recolor by dARE
Title: Natural Pine Floor in Arboreal Green
Description: We didn't use synthetic pine for our floors. Nope! We went and hacked down a ton of trees. This here, is natural pine! recolor by dARE
Title: Slimming Oak Parquet in Arboreal Green
Description: The proper alignment of this wooden miracle can make a room appear longer and slimmer than it really is. recolor by dARE
| 8 EAxis wood floors recolored to match the Arboreal stairs and fence.
Size: 471.1 KB · Downloads: 786 · 22nd Nov 2018
|471.1 KB||786||22nd Nov 2018|
arboreal gate recolors.rar
| A few EAxis gate recolors to match the Arboreal fence.
Size: 197.0 KB · Downloads: 713 · 22nd Nov 2018
|197.0 KB||713||22nd Nov 2018|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
I don't mind if you include any of these meshes with your lots**, as long as you provide a link to the original MTS page for the mesh. Posting my mesh on any site by itself, or claiming it as your own work, would be considered rude and a breach of my trust and love for you as a fellow simmer.
**Above policy does not apply to Remote Control Thing - it contains an NPC that could possibly corrupt a neighborhood when removed, and I doubt that downloaders would appreciate something like that hidden in a downloaded lot.