Aquabox Aquarium Conversion
Updated: 10th Aug 2020 at 12:08 AM
Small update to fix an issue where the aquarium wouldn't show up if Spa Day wasn't installed. Please Re-download if needed
This is a very exciting upload for me and I'm so happy I managed to finish it before my trip. I would advise you to read all the notes below as it contains quite a bit of useful information.
With that said, I present to you the:
"AquaBox 60 Gallons of Awesome Aquarium"
A fully functional aquarium for your sims' homes, to bring a glimpse of the ocean right into your home!
VERY IMPORTANT NOTES:
1) This aquarium works the same as the aquariums in spa day/dine out/cats & dogs etc.
2) Once you buy and place a tank on your lot, some fish will spawn inside of it, REGARDLESS if you bought/stored fishes yourself. These fishes can't be customized or changed they are mostly decorative (think of the aquarium table in My First Pet Stuff)
This it to make the tank feel more alive and not just an empty box filled with water.
3) You can store UP TO 6 different fish per tank. (regardless of the decorative fishes)
4) The light is fully customizable.
5) ALL the fish remain inside the tank and don't clip with each other or the tank's environment.
6) There are 5 interactions available (see last screenshot):
~Set Light Intensity
~Turn Light On/Off
~Purchase Fish (the type of fish available for purchase will depend on what DLC you have. You can also, store the fish you catch by fishing around the world)
~View Fish (only available when stocked with at least 1 fish)
*The aquarium can be found under: Activities and Skills/Recreation for 18000$ (or under the name "AquaBox 60 Gallons of Awesome Aquarium")
You can also find it by searching: "simsi45" or "aquarium"
Apparently all FX in the game (such as fish, bubbles, smoke, fire etc.) are available for EVERYONE regardless on whether you have the pack they came with or not.
So, YES, this aquarium is completely BASE GAME COMPATIBLE. The types of fish that are available to purchase will depend on what DLC you have installed. (You can also store fish you caught yourself, around the world)
~I also want to give a huge special thanks to Minimonster-newmonster for providing me useful information about working with different FX and for helping me compile the custom tuning file. Without his help this aquarium wouldn't look as good as it does now!
~Also another huge thanks to scumbumbo for helping me make the aquarium BG compatible! Thanks once again guys! ~
That's all folks. Worked quite hard on this but I think the end result was worth it.
I have one more aquarium that's almost complete and will probably share it before I go.
Hope you enjoy
HIGH MEDIUM LOW
3112 \ 2451 / 1541
Antique: Antique or Historical
Fantasy: Fantasy styled things
Sci-Fi: Science Fiction
Living: Living Room
Dining: Dining Room
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: How many gallons of awesome can you handle? If you're the average Sim, that number probably borders around 50, which makes the newest AquaBox Aquarium a dangerous acquisition. Prestocked with many exotic fish and undersea plantlife, it's sure to be the centerpiece of any home. ~~By Simsi45 at Patreon & Modthesims~~
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Mesh name: AquaBox "60 Gallons of Awesome" Aquarium| simsi45 aquarium
| Updated to be BG compatible!
Size: 2.17 MB · Downloads: 56,080 · 10th Aug 2020
|2.17 MB||56,080||10th Aug 2020|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
Need more information?
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
Follow me on twitter and youtube, for updates on upcoming content!
- Do NOT redistribute as your own!
- Do NOT Re-upload my mods to your website/blog, without asking for permission first! (send a pm if you need to)
- If you intend to reupload make sure to post a DIRECT link to the appropriate MTS thread. No re-directs to third party websites, PPC networks etc.
- If you want to edit meshes, or create additional recolors of my conversions ASK FIRST! (either through PM's or comments)
- Of course you are free to use my mods in your lots, as long as you give PROPER credits. (a link to the original thread would be appreciated but not required.)
- Feel free to leave requests however don't expect me to complete them. I usually work on requests once I'm done with my personal projects.