Household Cleaners That Really Clean!
Uploaded 5th May 2020 at 11:23 PM · Updated 8th May 2020 at 12:27 AM by aelflaed : improved polys
5 original deco objects created by Nemestnaya, from the set "Around a Sink". Originally posted at BPS. That site is gone, but most/all of Nemestnaya's files are posted here:
Plus Crisp and Kerosene's 'Soapy Soap', used by permission:
Despite the advertising, these household cleaning products will not actually clean your house! But they will clean your sim. Each object gives a small boost to hygiene and mood when used. Multiple uses will stack.
Quarter-tile enabled, 6 per OFB shelf. Found in Plumbing/Misc.
Autonomous use by child to elder, no visitors. Animation is included, but kids will levitate as it is an adult animation. (I had to make a choice - floating kids or dirty kids.)
NMS cleaners cost $7 each, the large bottle by C&K is $10. No environment boost - this is Not Art.
GUIDs have not been altered - remove the original files if you have them. Recolours should still work fine.
The Nemestnaya objects are old, and very high-poly for single-tile objects. I have done the best I can to reduce them, with no meshing skills. The Dish Detergent and Spray Detergent can't go any smaller, or the liquid texture is ruined (I reduced the lid textures as much as I dared, they aren't as pretty as they were.) The white Detergent kept losing its label, but I finally found a different trick which got it below 3000 polys, with label intact.
C&K Soapy Soap 898
NMS Cleaner was 3540, now 948
NMS Detergent was 4106, now 2476
NMS Dish Detergent was 3747, now 2742
NMS Soap Bottle was 4854, now 971
NMS Spray Detergent was 4548, now 2819
Credit to Echo (and numerous others) for tips and tutorials. Kudos to Creesims for getting me interested in learning how to do this. I used her code as a base and modified it along the way. And of course, many thanks to Nemestnaya and to Roxane of Crisp & Kerosene – without their meshing skills, these functional objects would not have been possible.
Belated credit to Moune, Mustluvcatz and Dr Pixel, whose tips from long ago have helped me reduce the polys of the NMS items to something more reasonable.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.AE_CleaningProducts-MadeFunctional.7z: PDF files are not allowed! (error 108)
|Open for Business|
|Kitchen & Bath|
|Mansion and Garden|
| new file with reduced polycounts
Size: 967.6 KB · Downloads: 2,676 · 8th May 2020
|967.6 KB||2,676||8th May 2020|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
If you like my work, remember to hit the Thanks button. It's nice to feel appreciated. Constructive feedback is also welcome - I can't fix it if I don't know it's broke.
Please enjoy my creations, and keep it free!