Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#24451 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
I seem to recall way back when (so my memory could be faulty here) that after I had children play on that water wiggler toy, weeds spawned like crazy in the yard close to the toy.

@vegan_kaktus

The Evil Water Wiggler is guaranteed to cause weeds to grow. So if you want to have weeds this item would be pretty good.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24452 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 10:37 AM
I would just use max motives if a sim was in any real danger Andrew. Knowledge sims always want to see ghosts.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#24453 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 12:17 PM
Knowledge Sims always seem to want what all the other Aspirations fear. They want to see a ghost, they want to meet Bigfoot, they want to get abducted by aliens.
Scholar
#24454 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 2:10 PM
I had a Fortune Sim get a want to meet aliens recently. Haven't seen that before. It happened after Ajay Loner was cured of being a werewolf. I had to lock it, although it's very unlikely it will happen.
Field Researcher
#24455 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 2:29 PM
Is there a sticky thread somewhere that provides instructions on posting pictures? I've done it in the past but my brain seems to be on permanent blur and I can't remember what I did. When I upload a pic on Imgur and copy the link, I can't successfully post it. I check in Preview and there's nothing. Should I be copying something other than 'link'? What am I doing wrong? I know I've seen instructions but can't find them - sorry for such a stupid question!
Mad Poster
#24456 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 3:11 PM
Imgur should have a drop down menu which gives you different codes for posting on different types of sites. You want the newsgroup code, which is, um, BBP or something? Try different options till it works.

Alternatively, you can attach pictures directly to a post from your own computer. If you're posting in Advanced you'll have tabs at the top; choose Attachments and scroll down to Upload Image.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#24457 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Knowledge Sims always seem to want what all the other Aspirations fear. They want to see a ghost, they want to meet Bigfoot, they want to get abducted by aliens.

That's why I love them
Alchemist
#24458 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 6:10 PM
For posting pictures--its called BBCode. And use that one cuz it has the html tags in it already. Otherwise, when you post the picture link, you have to make sure [img] and [/img] surround the link. For example: [img]Insert Picture Link Here[/img]

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#24459 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
For posting pictures--its called BBCode. And use that one cuz it has the html tags in it already. Otherwise, when you post the picture link, you have to make sure [img] and [/img] surround the link. For example: [img]Insert Picture Link Here[/img]
Thanks! It took me a while to figure out where those code options are hidden but when I finally found them and used the BBCode, the photo showed up.

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Imgur should have a drop down menu which gives you different codes for posting on different types of sites. You want the newsgroup code, which is, um, BBP or something? Try different options till it works. Alternatively, you can attach pictures directly to a post from your own computer. If you're posting in Advanced you'll have tabs at the top; choose Attachments and scroll down to Upload Image.
I was able to find the Imgur options - thank you so much. They were sort of hard to find and I came close to giving up but there they were finally. I do have another question. I'm using the advanced option but I don't see a tab that says Attachments. If I scroll down there's the place at the bottom of the page that says Upload. I'm guessing that's the same thing?

Anyway, thank you both for helping me with this. It's a little more complicated than I could manage.
Alchemist
#24460 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jain
If I scroll down there's the place at the bottom of the page that says Upload. I'm guessing that's the same thing?

Yup, you got it. I think the old layout might have said attachments, but yeah, click Upload or drag and drop. The uploader will let you preview and you can type in a description for the picture, too.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#24461 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Yup, you got it. I think the old layout might have said attachments, but yeah, click Upload or drag and drop. The uploader will let you preview and you can type in a description for the picture, too.
Thank you! I was able to grab the link from Imgur and post a pic, really appreciate your help.
Lab Assistant
#24462 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 2:50 PM
Can zombies die?
Mad Poster
#24463 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot
Can zombies die?

Probably if they stargaze on lawn a lot they might get this: http://prntscr.com/tm4wyo
Field Researcher
#24464 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 12:41 AM
I thought the space junk was only in the day time.
Mad Poster
#24465 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 3:52 AM
The one time I remember that a sim died from getting hit by a satellite was at night. I though it was like star gazing through the telescope in that it could only be done at night, so that night she went star gazing and got hit by a satellite. It was just her and the dog in the house and the dog was howling while Grim did his thing. I had to exit without saving because I wanted the house for her son in college, and there was no one to inherit right then.
Alchemist
#24466 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 8:35 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 1st Aug 2020 at 9:54 PM.
Zombies can die; they should be susceptible to the same things as a normal sim (fire, electrocution, etc). They don't age, though, so they can't die from old age.

ETA: How do you recategorize custom floors/walls in simPE?
ETA 2: Never mind, figured it out. (For anyone wondering, you edit the Object XML. There's a line fourth from the bottom called "subsort (dtString)" and by typing in the floor category I wanted there, I was able to change the category.)

aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#24467 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 10:09 PM
Is there a way to find stuck invisible objects on a lot? In my game, I don't use love tubs at all, I just buy them with aspiration points and stuff them in sims' inventories to keep track of how many aspiration points they've earned, these are then inherited by later generations, etc. But I don't place them on lots and actually use them. On one particular lot I have sims rolling wants to get in the love tub, and sometimes having a "get in love tub" interaction in their queue, but there are no actual visible love tubs on the lot and the interaction just results in them complaining that they can't find a path to the love tub. So there must be some stuck invisible love tub on the lot, but I have no idea where it is. Is there any hack or something that will identify stuck invisible objects?
Mad Poster
#24468 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 10:32 PM
Not sure about a hack, but find a one-tile item (or a 4-tile if you want to sweep a larger area) and hover it around in areas you think the tub could be (with "moveobjects" and "Snap" off). If you find a large area that shifts the place square to red, you've probably found the tub. Look in areas that seem like they have room for a tub but are obscured by plants or some such (especialy downloaded lots).

I use this method sometimes with invisible OMSPs or if I have random lamps that suddenly decide to play OMSPs (they occasionally do for whatever reason). I just play minesweeper with a deco object...

You can also use the mouse and/or the recolor tool in build mode, because they'll often change or give you hover text if they find an object. It's sometimes "blink and you'll miss it" which is why I prefer the object method.

There are probably other ways too.
Field Researcher
#24469 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 12:39 AM
Here's a question that is probably obvious to everyone but me: Where can I find the Overrides folder? I'm looking at InTeenimator and it says to put file G (or whatever) into the Overrides folder. I've looked all over for it. It's not hidden under any of my other folders (Cameras, Collections, Config, etc.; that list.) I had InTeen years ago before my whole thing crashed and had to redo it all, but I don't remember having a hard time installing it, like having to search for the Overrides folder. I have UC and Windows 10, by the way, if that's important to know.

Any help would be appreciated!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24470 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Laurcleve
Here's a question that is probably obvious to everyone but me: Where can I find the Overrides folder? I'm looking at InTeenimator and it says to put file G (or whatever) into the Overrides folder. I've looked all over for it. It's not hidden under any of my other folders (Cameras, Collections, Config, etc.; that list.) I had InTeen years ago before my whole thing crashed and had to redo it all, but I don't remember having a hard time installing it, like having to search for the Overrides folder. I have UC and Windows 10, by the way, if that's important to know.

Any help would be appreciated!

From Googling it says extract to
Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\Overrides (That file goes in your installation files) If what you are installing is past FT then find that Override folder.

Be aware that this mod clashes with many others and that depending on what you want Inteen for, other smaller mods that don't clash can do the job just as well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#24471 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 3:22 AM
Jo is right; though if you have the UC you should probably put it in the M&G folder.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#24472 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 3:52 AM
My InTeenimater_G.package is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Overrides.

I have Win7 and UC.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Field Researcher
#24473 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 3:57 PM
Shoot, I'm glad I asked! I never would have figured that out. Thanks for your replies, everybody.

@Phantomknight, I don't have an M&G folder in my Program Files (x86), I only have these: _Installer, Apartment Life, Best of Business, Bon Voyage, Double Deluxe, Free Time, Fun With Pets, Glamour Life Stuff, Seasons, Support, University Life. (When I launch the game it's the Fun With Pets loading screen that I see.) I do have all the M&G stuff though, and I know that one came out last, so it must be included in one of the combo packs like Best of Business or Fun with Pets or something. Did the Fun with Pets combo pack come out after M&G? Maybe that's why I see that loading screen.

@joandsarah77, I was reading about it and got all thrilled of the idea of my teenage girl running away and coming home pregnant. (Well okay, not MY teenage girl - that wouldn't be thrilling at all - but my sim teenage girl.) All my teenagers are pretty well-behaved and make an effort to get along at home, so this would really be a departure for my town. Are there other mods out there that would allow for that?
Mad Poster
#24474 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 5:39 PM
It's quite likely that I'm going to have to buy a new computer.

Which I'm not thrilled about, because expensive. However. I own Windows 7 on disks, so rollback of OS is possible if the machine itself is compatible. So it could be worse. (My husband's a former IT pro, now in a lower stress job, there's quite a bit we can do beyond what the stores offer.)

And there's a potential upside: Zarathustra, and anyone who plays on Zara's lots, would you be so kind as to share what your computer components are, please? Maybe I can get a machine that will run them without crashing!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#24475 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 6:00 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 2nd Aug 2020 at 6:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
It's quite likely that I'm going to have to buy a new computer....
...My husband's a former IT pro...

I am in the same boat as you (well except for the built-in tech support/knowledge) - and I actually, have a new machine on order
You may enjoy reading what Kunder wrote: Before You Spend Money on a New Machine

My new machine is going to be:
Lenovo W540
i7-4800mq (Quad Core)
32gb DDR3 RAM.
1920x1080p IPS display.
500gb SSD, and a 240gb M.2 NGFF drive (on the MB).
nVidia K2100m graphics

Kunder says I'll be able to actually "play" the game (not just build LOL!) and with ALL my CC!!! (I've only been able to use 3.4gb of CC for years - any more than that and ACCESS VIOLATION crashes occur randomly) I am sooooo looking forward to trying out this new simming 'beast'!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Page 979 of 1352