Brightening up BodyShop for a Spring Cleaning
Updated: 27th Nov 2013 at 10:13 PM by Nysha
By requests, this package has three versions that have increasing brightness levels, so you can pick the one you like. I also wrote some small details (a mini-tutorial) of how to edit it with to make it just like you want.
Install is simple... unzip the package file and put one of the files in your config folder (it may work in downloads, but I didn't test it there).
I have attached a screenshot of the same Sim with the old and new lighting system. The brightest file in the new set is just like the one I originally released, with the other two being more moderate brightness level enhancements.
<* Wes *>
Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, etc
Linux: Various flavours of Linux, may need Mono or Wine
Mac OS X: OS X, may need Mono
Miscellaneous: Tools which do not fit into the above categories.
Not Applicable: Standalone tools
No metadata could be extracted from this file
Size: 2.8 KB · Downloads: 52,133 · 18th Feb 2007
|2.8 KB||52,133||18th Feb 2007|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Rancho Como Blurb
This is the seventh calendar year that I have been fascinated with 'modding the Sims 2', and helped decode some of the mesh data types, and I wrote and maintain the Sims 2 mesh plugins for the MilkShape 3D editor. I have now moved to The Sims 3, and I am working on various mesh and animation doodad thingys.
Oh, and that gal shown to the left is a cow named Lady, one of a breed called Texas Longhorn. And they are.