Uploaded 26th Dec 2008 at 8:21 PM · Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 4:25 PM by Nysha
A couple of weeks a go I started thinking about making a whiteboard for my game but astondb9 beat me to it. They're perfect except for the fact that the writing on them was in such a computer printed font, so I set out making a handwritten version of SIMale's simlish font that used to be available here on MTS2, but seems to have disappeared. It literally is a handwritten font, since I drew each of the characters, scanned them in and then turned them into a font using Font Creator by HighLogic. Here's a sample I cooked up in abiword.
Note: This is not a Mod it is a system font. To install it (in windows anyway) just copy the file to your fonts folder which can usually be found in My Computer > C: > Windows > Fonts and the Computer will do the rest.
Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, etc
Linux: Various flavours of Linux, may need Mono or Wine
Mac OS X: OS X, may need Mono
Fonts and icons: Extracted or recreated sims images, fonts, music etc. for use outside of the game.
Not Applicable: Standalone tools
Size: 17.2 KB · Downloads: 4,368 · 26th Dec 2008
|17.2 KB||4,368||26th Dec 2008|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.