Maxis Televisions as Decorative Objects
Uploaded 7th Jul 2011 at 7:16 PM · Updated 9th Jul 2011 at 1:53 PM by VioletPadfoot
I uploaded my Decorative Computers and anobouzu left me a comment asking if it was in any way possible for me to do the TVs as well. Obviously it was (and gave me something to do during the recent downtime). Every last Maxis TV is now a Decorative Object.
Like the computers the TVs pull all recolors from the original TVs and there are some screen shots below to illustrate this.
All of the objects can be placed in a base game environment without the game crashing so in that respect they are base game compatible. HOWEVER they will have no textures as they pull their textures from the original TVs. For that reason, I've provided rars for each expansion/stuff pack as well as one that includes all the TVs in one file
Also look for my Decorative Stereos!
The Expedit TV from IKEAStuff: is not pulling recolors correctly. I don't know how to fix this. The Design tool shows where the recolors for the red boxes should be but it won't let the recolors be used. They still show up red. Look at this picture to see that I mean
The GiganTek TV from ApartmentLife: has footprint issues. I tried to seek help for this issue and so far nothing has helped. If it ever gets fixed I will upload the properly working file. The issue is this: I changed the footprint from one tile to three and made it so that sims and other objects can't pass through it. But somehow walls can. I am not experienced enough in modding object behavior to figure out why this is happening or how to fix it.
anobouzu for the request
The makers of Echo for the tutorial on fixing the footprint and the help on trying to figure out why walls go through it.
Numenor for the AGS
All Meshes are unedited from the original Mesh, so if the PolyCounts seem high, blame Maxis.
Centerpiece TV: 2819 F/ 3779 V
Expedit TV: 2528 F/ 3410 V
FuturVu TV: 1532 F/ 1600 V
GiganTek TV: 361 F/ 522 V
Hotel TV: 1490 F/ 1789 V
Smitty TV: 2848 F/ 3666 V
Soma TV: 1788 F/ 2637 V
Soma WallEye TV: 486 F/ 812 V
Swingarm TV: 1156 F/ 1543 V
Teen TV: 1484 F/ 2136 V
Trottco TV: 1092 F/ 1520 V
WoodPanel TV: 950 F/ 1343 V
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Too much information to load! Please check each package file individually inside the Downloads tab!
| Requires TeenStyleStuff
Size: 27.3 KB · Downloads: 1,430 · 7th Jul 2011
|27.3 KB||1,430||7th Jul 2011|
| Requires Pets
Size: 22.2 KB · Downloads: 1,492 · 7th Jul 2011
|22.2 KB||1,492||7th Jul 2011|
| Requires Nightlife
Size: 26.9 KB · Downloads: 1,905 · 7th Jul 2011
|26.9 KB||1,905||7th Jul 2011|
| Requires IKEAStuff
Size: 36.1 KB · Downloads: 1,471 · 7th Jul 2011
|36.1 KB||1,471||7th Jul 2011|
| Requires FreeTime
Size: 59.5 KB · Downloads: 1,390 · 7th Jul 2011
|59.5 KB||1,390||7th Jul 2011|
| Requires BonVoyage
Size: 21.7 KB · Downloads: 1,414 · 7th Jul 2011
|21.7 KB||1,414||7th Jul 2011|
Size: 70.4 KB · Downloads: 2,408 · 7th Jul 2011
|70.4 KB||2,408||7th Jul 2011|
| Requires ApartmentLife
Size: 56.4 KB · Downloads: 1,756 · 7th Jul 2011
|56.4 KB||1,756||7th Jul 2011|
Size: 320.3 KB · Downloads: 4,854 · 7th Jul 2011
|320.3 KB||4,854||7th Jul 2011|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
I make things mostly b/c I want them in my game and can't find them elsewhere. So far I know how to make objects, clothing and accessories. I cannot and have no plans as of yet to learn how to make hair or any other Bodyshop content. Mods are also currently beyond my scope of comprehension, but I'm working on them.
I will take requests, but whether or not I choose to fulfill them depends on how easy it would be to make the item (ie. is it knowledge I already have?) or how much I'm willing to learn to make it. Mind you I'm willing to learn a lot. So don't be afraid to send me a PM requesting something.
My policy: You can use any of my meshes or textures anyway you want, but if you base something off of them, or use them in another project, please credit me and provide a link to my MTS profile if possible. Also any part of my work or anything based off of it MUST remain free. This includes putting it in a free section of a pay site. If someone has to pay to get something off that site, I don't want my work there. I'm not making money off this stuff, neither should you.