Classic Brick Mailbox
Updated: 14th Nov 2012 at 3:07 AM
It's only right that I re-create the object that got me started in sims modding.
The Classic Brick Mailbox cost $250 and can be found in Outdoor/Lawn ornaments. It has four presets:
... and has three color options(bricks, mailbox, and mortar):
To use, download my Deletable Mailbox Mod and put it in your mods folder along with this mailbox. In Buy/Build mode, delete the default mailbox and replace with this one.
Sims will reach into the bricks to put the flag up/down. The flag moves in the right place though.
Thanks to orangemittens, Buzzler, Leesester, and Peter and Inge Jones.
Tags: #mailbox brick
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: Cmomoney_mailbox classic brick
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 376.8 KB · Downloads: 23,698 · 10th Aug 2011
|376.8 KB||23,698||10th Aug 2011|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: