Blender 2.65 TS3 Slot Editor Updated 6-23-17?!
Updated: 23rd Jun 2017 at 7:24 AM
What it's for...
This script is for importing RSLT(slot) files into Blender 3D 2.65. The slots can be imported over a mesh, then moved to the desired position. Slots can also be added and deleted, and it works on routing, container, effect, and IKtarget slots. Additionally, slot flags(for container slots) can also be edited.
1. Download and extract the "io_TS3_rslt.py" and put it where you can find it.
2. Start Blender and go to File->User Preferences(or press CTRL+ALT+U).
3. Click the "Add-Ons" button at the top of the User Preferences window.
4. Click the "Import/Export" button on the left, then click the "Install Add-On" button at the bottom.
5. Navigate to where you extracted the file and select the "io_TS3_rslt.py" and click "Install Add-On". Sims 3 RSLT Editor is added to the the list.
6. Click the check box on the right in the list. The importer is added to the File->Import menu, and the TS3 RSLT Editor panel is added to the Properties Editor under Scene.
note: You may need to rename the the RSLT file to filename.slot. Renaming is really only necessary for files with long names, because Blender has a limit.
Start Blender, load/make your mesh, and go to File->Import->Sims 3 RSLT. Navigate to the your folder and select the .slot file. Slots will be represented as axes.
To move a slot:
Right-click to select the slot and press 'G' or use the 3D transform widget(the red, blue, and green axis).
To delete a slot:
Select the slot and press 'X'.
To add a new slot:
Click the 'Make New Slot' button. In the dialog, add the name, bone name(FNV32hash w/o the '0x'), and select the type of slot you want to create, then press OK.
To edit container slot flags:
If you know the value, enter it(without the '0x') in the 'Flag Value' box. If you don't know the value, just click the 'Edit Flags' button and check the flags you want in the dialog.
To export, just go to File->Export->Sims 3 RSLT and select the original .slot file. A of the the original will be made, and the new slot file will be named as the original. (In the import or replace dialog, you have to change the file type to 'All files' to see files that have had the name shortened.)
fixed broken rotations
-update for 2.65
-fix to import/export offsets
-fix for small object slot flag
-names for new slots are automatically hashed(thanx atavera).
-added toggle buttons for x-ray visibility of slots.
Thanks to Inge and Peter Jones for their help.
Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, etc
CC Editors: Tools for modifying .package files, sims*pack files, and resources contained within those files.
Meshing Tools: Tools and utilities helpful to meshers.
Blender: Plugins for Blender
No metadata could be extracted from this file
Size: 5.6 KB · Downloads: 618 · 23rd Jun 2017
|5.6 KB||618||23rd Jun 2017|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: