Fixed Sewing Machine Onesie
Updated: 14th Jun 2015 at 7:09 PM
So earlier today, Charity posted a WCIF for a fixed version of the FT craftable toddler outfit. I'd never used it and thus hadn't noticed it was broken, but boy, was it ever broken.
Not any more!
I've default replaced the mesh with an almost identical mesh: the only differences between mine and the original are that the groups are merged and the bone assignments make sense. The improved bone assignments have fixed a load of issues with this outfit: the ribcage is no longer imploding, the belly is no longer oddly rotund and cutting into the legs, the the hip no longer has a jagged edge, and the collar/shoulder/chest area is no longer stretched.
The GMDC is the only thing replaced, so this fix is compatible with mods which make the sewing machine outfits visible in CAS, such as Treeag's mod, which I used for testing.
This mesh can be recoloured successfully. However, its shape is identical to the basegame onsie, so if you're looking to recolour a onesie I suggest you use that one as a base - that way you won't have to mess around trying to make sure downloaders have this fix, and your recolour will be basegame compatible.
Thanks to CmarNYC for her Toolkit, Treeag for her handy mod, Serenity Falls for her Toolkit tutorial, and Charity for sort-of-not-really requesting this mod.
No Style: None of the below styles
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Sewing Machine Outfit Fix.7z
Size: 68.3 KB · Downloads: 5,917 · 14th Jun 2015
|68.3 KB||5,917||14th Jun 2015|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.