Animated Tranquility Waves
Updated: 3rd Jun 2018 at 10:40 AM
That got me thinking about pools and how lovely it could be to convert them into waterways complete with waves for Sims to spend the summer swimming in.
Special effect waves and Andrew's effect player work wonderfully for that purpose, but those waves require large lots.
What about the smaller lots like the one my Sim's houseboat is in?
Tranquility Waves are animated and just the right size for smaller lots.
You can set them down anywhere on terrain, tiles, pool water, even fountain water. There is no need to turn them on. They work automatically. All you need to do is go to live mode to see them in action.
You can use them separately or link them together to make longer waves.You can even change their orientation. Rotate them and the will flow in the opposite direction.
When placed on terrain or tiles Sims will walk easily over them. When placed over pool water, Sims will be able to swim through them.
Tranquility waves are very low poly so you can place as many as you like. Just remember to leave some spaces free so you can use them to give your Sim directions.
Note:These waves do not include sound effects.
To see the wave animation check out the videos below:
Waves on a Terrain Paint water beach:
Waves on Pool water:
Tranquility Waves are found in Build under Fountain Decor
The price is: 20 Simoleons
LOD 0 Hi: 8
LOD 0 Hi Shadow: 4
Sims 4 Studio
Maxis mesh by EA.
Mesh edits and texture by me.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||Tranquility Waves by Snowhaze.package (inside Tranquility Waves by Snowhaze.zip)|
|Title||Tranquility Waves by Snowhaze|
|Description||Smaller waves just the right size for pools, fountains, beaches and terrain paint waterways. Sims can walk over (when placed on terrain) and swim through these waves (when placed on top of pool water). These waves are silent.|
|Mesh name:||Tranquility Waves by Snowhaze|
|Games used||Spa Day|
Tranquility Waves by Snowhaze.zip
Size: 246.2 KB · Downloads: 16,958 · 2nd Jun 2018
|246.2 KB||16,958||2nd Jun 2018|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
Need more information?
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.