Animated - Rock + Surf & Waves Effect
Updated: 21st Nov 2021 at 1:09 PM
For more info and example scenes, please click this Youtube Video Link:
Bakies The Sims 4 Custom Content: Animated - Rock + Surf & Waves Effect (it's only 4:39 minutes long)
This file has been UPDATED on 21-11-2021 with the following things:
- It can now be found in the Pond VFX section in build mode.
- Object's title has been updated with 'Bakie' in front of the title.
- Object's description has been updated to new format.
- Object Thumbnail has been updated with (Animated) text adjustments.
- Object Thumbnail has been updated with a beachy background color. This makes it more clear in the Pond VFX section that this object looks best when placed on beaches.
- Price has been changed for better placement in the Pond VFX section next to some of my other beach vfx mods.
- Placeable on Pond and (Shallow) Ocean Water Surfaces.
- Placeable on slopes, which makes it easier to place it above uneven pond/ocean floors.
You might need to adjust the rock's height (MOO cheat) if the waves aren't visible on the beach. When the beach itself is higher then the water surface, the waves will be spawned underneath the terrain. After raising the rock, fill up the empty space underneath it with other rocks, so it doesn't float in mid-air.
- Removed from Rock category as it always has the VFX attached to it, no switch on/off interaction.
Please RE-DOWNLOAD and delete the old files!
Animated - Rock + Surf & Waves Effect
More stuff to add realism to your beaches in game!
This time it's a rock that can be placed both on the water surface as on terrain and will spawn either a Surf effect or a Surf and Waves effect for an infinite time.
The rock I used is the same one as I once made as Bonus Object for one of my other mods. What I've added extra is 3 new recolors besides the 5 default ones.
If you want to have the other default rocks with these same additional recolors too, take a look at the video description on YouTube.
Before you do that, take a look at the video too if you're curious how the surf and waves animations look in game.
If you don't like to watch my videos, simply take a look at the images for this object.
An important thing to mention abouth this object, is that you can't use the Recolor Tool to switch from one effect to the other.
The recolor tool only works for switching rock colors. To switch effect, go into build mode and pick the right swatch.
This mod is Base Game Compatible
It's a standalone object, so it won't override any other objects in game.
You can find the Rock + Surf & Waves Effect in Build mode > Pond VFX OR type Waves into the search bar.
You can recognize it by my "BakieGaming" icon in the lower right corner of the thumbnail.
The cost are: 14 Simoleons.
Base Game Compatible
Tested with gameversion: 184.108.40.2060
Custom Content visible on the Thumbnail
Animated - Water Shimmering
Animated - Unlocked Buoys + Whale & Dolhpin effect
Animated - Seaweed + Sandpipers
Animated - Placeable Birds - Seagulls
Animated - Birdflock Spawner - Seagulls
Animated Unlocked Lobster- & Crab Trap
Walkthrough Grasses - Base Game + Jungle Adventures
Unlocked + Recolored Raisable Rocks - Cliffs
Unlocked + Recolored BaseGame Rocks
Unlocked and Recolored Puddles - NO INTERACTIONS
Unlocked Wooden Sailor Statue + Lifesaver
I Hope you like this Animated - Rock + Surf & Waves Effect!
If you want to use it in screenshots or videos, be sure to give me some credit!
>> Want to share my mods? <<
Besides giving me credit and linking back to this page, I would appreciate it if you could add my video instead of (only) the thumbnail.
Thanks to the Sims 4 Studio
Thanks Adobe for making Photoshop
|Filename||BakieGaming-Animated-BGRocks-Boulder-Surf+Waves.package (inside BakieGaming-Animated-BGRocks-Boulder-Surf+Waves.zip)|
|Title||Animated - Rock - Surf + Waves|
|Description||-- Animated - Rock - Surf + Waves -- This boulder rock from the Base Game has an additional 3 Maxis Match recolors, can be placed near/through other objects without using cheats and spawns an animated surf+waves effect right in front of it. When using the first eight swatches, only a surf will be visible (movement on the water), when using the last eight swatches, waves will flow towards the rock too. This effect can be used to add more realism to your (fake) lakes or oceans in game. I've also made another :"Object + Waves effects", so be sure to check that one out as well. -- Made by BakieGaming -- -- Bakie on MTS & S4S -- -- For more Custom Content and Tutorials made by me, take a look at my BakieGaming Youtube Channel --|
|Mesh name:||Animated - Rock - Surf + Waves|
|Games used||Sims 4 (Base Game)|
Description: Animated - Rock - Surf + Waves This boulder rock from the Base Game has an additional 3 Maxis Match recolors, can be placed near/through other objects without using cheats and spawns an animated surf+waves effect right in front of it. When using the first eight swatches, only a surf will be visible (movement on the water), when using the last eight swatches, waves will flow towards the rock too. This effect can be used to add more realism to your (custom) lakes or oceans in game. I've also made another :"Object + Waves effects", so be sure to check that one out as well. -- Type 'Bakie' in the in-game search bar to find all other mods released from July 2021 -- -- Made by BakieGaming -- -- Bakie on MTS & S4S -- -- For more Custom Content and Tutorials made by me, take a look at my BakieGaming Youtube Channel --
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Mesh name: Bakie - Animated - Rock - Surf + Waves
| Updated to appear in the Pond VFX section in buildmode • Placeable on ponds and oceans • For other updates, check description page
Size: 1.99 MB · Downloads: 1,138 · 21st Nov 2021
|1.99 MB||1,138||21st Nov 2021|
Size: 2.01 MB · Downloads: 7,010 · 17th May 2019
|2.01 MB||7,010||17th May 2019|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
Need more information?
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
The creator also recommends the following uploads:
Nice to see you're curious about what mods I made so far for The Sims 4!
As I would like to see more awesome stuff for The Sims 4 from other creators too, I make easy to follow step by step video tutorials on my BakieGaming YouTube channel. So if you would like to learn how to mod yourself too, that's the place to go! You can also find videos about all the mods I made and an Effect Player series on my channel.
If you like my mods and videos and want to give me some extra support, please take a look at my BakieGaming Patreon page.
You may share my creations, but always give me credit and link back to the original MTS description page of that mod.
You may not upload my content to any other distribution sites (i.e. sites similar to ModTheSims4) unless you acquire my explicit permission to do so.