Testers wanted: functioning ferry wheel with 8 rideable slots; updated 09/21/2006
Updated: 7th Dec 2008 at 10:30 PM by -Maylin-
It's fully working ferry wheel which can be used by up to 8 sims at the same time.
1. Use Turn On to start wheel rotation. Ride On action is available only when wheel is rotating.
2. Use Ride On to ride When selected, sim waits for the next free seat to be down, then sits into it, then rides until certain conditions, then waits until seat is down, then leaves. Conditions for stop riding are one of the following:
- user cancelled Ride On action
- sim's Fun is maximum
- sim's Energy or Bladder are too low
- another sim selected Ask To Free All Seats
While riding, sim's Fun and Comfort increase. Sim looks around at nearby objects - so make sure that there are objects around ferry wheel to make riding more realistic.
All ages except toddler can ride. Visitors can ride too.
3. Use Ask To Free All Seats when you want all sims on the wheel to get down. It may be useful, for example, if you want the visitors to stop riding.
4. Use Turn Off to stop wheel rotation. This action is available only when all seats are free.
Action autonomy values are changed so that sims are likely to use Ride On autonomously, while other actions are likely to be done by user's command only.
Uncertainties (need test).
1. I tested the wheel in Residential and Community (riding is free there) lots, but don't know what'll happen in addon-specific lots since I have no addons. Please inform me if there are problems with them.
2. Ride On should become disabled when all seats are used. However, I didn't seen it myself - my families are small and don't have enough inviteable friends to test it. If someone can test this condition, please tell me if something will go wrong.
1. Please don't fill the tiles adjacent with ferry wheel with objects - they are used by sims waiting for their seat down, but I was lazy to add 'dummy' tiles for those - this object already used 7 GUIDs, I'd say it's enough for it.
2. You can build walls around the wheel and then put floor on second pace to 'slice' the wheel - please don't do so I can't figure out how to workaround it - standard tall objects like trees and tall lights have the same problem; I could create dummy tiles on 2nd floor, but, again, it would take more GUIDs for nothing.
3. While seating in/out, sims kind of go through the mesh - through the seat on adjacent tile. It's unavoidable with current geometry I count it as minor so didn't remesh.
Object is visible in the Neighborhood View - make sure that you extracted both files from archive for this.
Object has 2 recolorable subsets - 'metal' and 'other', 3 recolors available for each - and 1 non-recolorable subset, 'button', which color is red when wheel is stopped and green when wheel is rotating.
Object can be found under Hobbies/Recreation.
- 'metal' subset - 1338 faces, 2042 vertices.
- 'other' subset - 352 faces, 704 vertices.
- 'button' subset - 22 faces, 16 vertices.
I'd say it's fairly low for an object which is 5 tiles long and 2 story high.
The 'lod90' object (used by neighborhood view only) has the same meshes for 'metal' and 'other' subsets, 'button' is absent there.
The object used as start for the ferrywheel was the Grandfather's Clock.
Mesh was created in 3ds max and imported using smd plugin.
Animations were edited in built-in plugin.
To skankyboy, for the smd plugin.
To Numenor, for explaining CRES structure.
To atavera: for explaining slot types and SLOT resource contents; for explaining footprint block structure; for finding silly bug in my Init function.
To fisheeyes, for explaining how to add slots to objects.
To Peter Jones, for PJSE plugins.
To Echo, for various BHAV-related information.
To quaxi, for and built-in ANIM editor.
To modthesims2 in general without the information from here, I wouldn't be able to make this object.
Feel free to recolor, but please link back to this thread, and don't post on pay sites or as donation.
As for my permission first if you want to clone and remesh it.
Changed on 09/21/2006.
1. The rule of motives increase is corrected.
2. New interaction, 'Ride On (No Motive Exit)' added - works the same as 'Ride On', but no motive test is made.
3. Attractiveness is (hopefully) increased.
Added on 09/23/2006.
Looks like some people can't download updated version; I'm trying to attach the same archive with different name.
In case it still wouldn't work for someone, try to get the file here.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 634.2 KB · Downloads: 111,361 · 23rd Sep 2006
|634.2 KB||111,361||23rd Sep 2006|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Feel free to recolor my objects/clothing meshes, but don't post them as donation or pay items, and don't forget to credit me properly.
Ask for permission if you want to clone my object/mesh. I'm likely to give permission if result is going to be free.
You may use my creations in your sims/houses, and include them to upload, if they are posted as free items. Please give link to the thread where you got them - for bugreporting and updates.
Please don't upload my stuff to Exchange.
I do not take requests - I have more unfinished projects and ideas then the time to complete them :(
For Russian-speaking downloaders - если у вас есть жалобы по работе моих объектов, оставляйте их здесь, пожалуйста. Я не могу исправить ошибки, если я о них не знаю ;)