Waterfall shower - and tons of rocks! :D
- Waterfall/shower in 3 different rock textures, found under "plumbing/miscellaneous".
The decorative ferns have two colour options, and one invisible recolour.
- 10 different rocks in 3 colours, available in build mode, with the shrubs.
These use the repository method so only the one with "MASTER" in the name is recolourable - the others will automatilly use the new textures.
- Sims can use the waterfall to shower of course, with a little fun and comfort bonus;
- Sims whose temperature is above average will have a "cool down" option available, with different animations. While they shower naked, they'll change to swimwear for this and won't get automatically dressed afterwards.
Much to my surprise, they'll sometimes use this option autonomously if they aren't too far from the waterfall... Big mystery, since I tried hard to find how to do that and failed (temperature can't be advertised like other motives); the interaction advertises a little comfort, but sims seem to use it regardless of their comfort level.
- all the clean and maintain interactions were stripped mercilessly, so sims won't attempt stupid things and it doesn't mess with the FT "tinker" stuff.
- all the garden and trimming stuff was also removed from the rocks.
Seems to work fine in Free Time.
HOW TO USE:
The waterfall is a big object (5 tiles by 7) but the footprint is only one tile; I didn't make it this way because I was too lazy to register 35 GUIDs, but for convenience.
The water layer is above the ground level - of course - so it will look silly if you put the object on a flat terrain; you need to first dig a hole like shown in the pic below (this is just an example, you can try different ways):
- the blue tile is where the shower's green tile will be placed, right under the waterfall itself; I lowered it by 4 clicks in the example, 3 clicks will work too.
- the red tile is where the sim will enter and exit, there needs to be a gentle slope to the blue tile so he can walk between both; this tile can still be on a slope.
- then the sides can be smoothed as you want, different heights on the edges will change the pond's shape. Just keep the edges of the water hidden! (Well, and remove the flooring is you used any)
- if the way out is blocked after the "shower" interaction, the sim will go "oops" and change back to everyday where he is - that is, in the water...
- since the waterfall and rocks all have 1 tile footprints, sims will walk through parts of them if they aren't blocked by other decoration or invisible fences.
Waterfall shower - faces 2803; vertices 3136
rock1 - faces 156; vertices 114
rock2 - faces 510; vertices 307
rock3 - faces 1240; vertices 998
rock4 - faces 90; vertices 64
rock5 - faces 509; vertices 309
rock6 - faces 90; vertices 64
rock7 - faces 156; vertices 114
rock8 - faces 156; vertices 114
rock9 - faces 1240; vertices 998
rock10 - faces 173; vertices 134
Thanks : to Numenor, Echo and Jasana Bugbreeder for their precious tutorials and explanations, to Quaxi and Peter Jones for and the behaviour editor, to my dear Beosboxboy and Miss Doh for beta-testing.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: By Marvine
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
|Filename||Marvine-Waterfall-MatchingRock5.package (inside rocks.rar)|
|Title||Waterfall Matching Rock 5|
|Filename||Marvine-Waterfall-MatchingRock6.package (inside rocks.rar)|
|Title||Waterfall Matching Rock 6|
|Filename||Marvine-Waterfall-MatchingRock7.package (inside rocks.rar)|
|Title||Waterfall Matching Rock 7|
|Filename||Marvine-Waterfall-MatchingRock8.package (inside rocks.rar)|
|Title||Waterfall Matching Rock 8|
|Filename||Marvine-Waterfall-MatchingRock9.package (inside rocks.rar)|
|Title||Waterfall Matching Rock 9|
|Filename||Marvine-Waterfall-MatchingRock10.package (inside rocks.rar)|
|Title||Waterfall Matching Rock 10|
|Filename||Marvine-Waterfall-MatchingRock1-MASTER.package (inside rocks.rar)|
|Title||Waterfall Matching Rock|
|Filename||Marvine-Waterfall-MatchingRock2.package (inside rocks.rar)|
|Title||Waterfall Matching Rock 2|
|Filename||Marvine-Waterfall-MatchingRock3.package (inside rocks.rar)|
|Title||Waterfall Matching Rock 3|
|Filename||Marvine-Waterfall-MatchingRock4.package (inside rocks.rar)|
|Title||Waterfall Matching Rock 4|
|Open for Business|
Size: 510.5 KB · Downloads: 93,321 · 3rd Mar 2008
|510.5 KB||93,321||3rd Mar 2008|
Size: 713.4 KB · Downloads: 101,336 · 3rd Mar 2008
|713.4 KB||101,336||3rd Mar 2008|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Long overdue: updated policy
- All my files on MTS2 can be included in your FREE uploads with a link to the original thread or my profile.
- If you want to clone or reuse parts of my work, please ask, I don't bite (... any more ;))! And be aware that some of my stuff, like the spiral stairs, would likely need a little additional information unless you know exactly what you're doing.
- Of course no need to ask if you want to recolour my stuff, still I'd appreciate that you let me know so I get a chance to enjoy your work.