Updated: 6th Jan 2009 at 12:51 AM - Added some hints of explanation
The Sim's Globetrotter
Did you also look for this very special car among all those beautiful uploads we can find on plenty of sites?
There are three cars available for:
- Globetrotter-drivableNL for Nightlife as a drivable car (it worked in my tests only with this EP)
- Globetrotter-drivableBV for Bon Voyage, a drivable version that was tested in the game
up to Free Time. It should work with all EPs.
- Globetrotter-campinggrounds for Bon Voyage, a version that is cloned of a tent and works like this.
This way your sims can drive around even in the vacation areas (neighbourhoods!). Simply buy a residental lot and your sims can drive around, also to a camping area where you can put the tent clone in build mode in. This car cannot be used to drive with!
Don't use both drivable versions at the same time, they will override each other! Choose the one that fits to your installed EPs.
The drivable versions come with two simple recolours.
I hope you enjoy the cars as much as I do. Have fun with them and - Bon Voyage!
Globetrotter-drivableBV: the same number of faces and vertices
Globetrotter-campingarea: 8930 (425 per tile); vertices: 7824 (373 per tile) - low
Quaxi and the developers of Numenor for his Basegame Starter
To all the eager writers who built the database of tutorials on MTS2
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
| Compatible with Numenor's 'Drivable Cars Without Nightlife' add-on
Size: 656.7 KB · Downloads: 15,055 · 6th Jan 2009
|656.7 KB||15,055||6th Jan 2009|
Size: 1.08 MB · Downloads: 18,501 · 16th Jul 2008
|1.08 MB||18,501||16th Jul 2008|
Size: 903.1 KB · Downloads: 18,111 · 16th Jul 2008
|903.1 KB||18,111||16th Jul 2008|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
For a full list of packs with names, see the Packs Needed popup.
|Open for Business|
Some remarks to use my objects:
I spend many(!) hours of work on my vehicles and the meshes are handmade from scratch. Therefore don't claim them as your's if you clone the mesh or use it as a base. You have my permission to do so. I'm convinced that these things are made to be used. So, add a simple note within the object description, that's enough and hopefully not a hard restriction.
There might be some special rules on single objects for special reasons. Please respect them! - Thank you.