Kiddie Pool (V2)
Updated: 28th Apr 2009 at 12:50 AM
This is a simple little one-tile kiddie splash pool. It has the following main features:
- Toddlers can play around and splash in it
- Children can jump and kick in the water
It is superior to its predecessor in a few key respects:
- Playing will increase hygiene/water and fun
- If the toddler or child has swimwear, they will change into that before playing. If not, they will change into underwear/diapers.
- It does not cause errors in debugmode. ( )
It does NOT override the original wading pool.
(Yes, toddlers can have swimwear. fakepeeps7 made some particularly cute ones shown in my screen shots, and Phaenoh's clothing migration instructions will help you enable them for the swimwear category.)
The default appearance is the blue version. It includes one sample recolour, which is red with pictures of building blocks on it.
Any issues, please post here.
Poly count: 132
Recolour enabled: Yes
Price: 35 Simoleans
Policy: Do whatever you like, credit is appreciated.
EPs: This is base game compatible and does not override any default behaviour.
A bit of background... (aka, "If I Knew Then What I Know Now")
Way back at the dawn of time... February 2005, anyway... I was quite the newbie on the sim scene. There was very limited information on modding, so I spent days messing with this and that, trying to get a puddle to be buyable and not to disappear over time, and eventually got it working. I was pretty darned proud. That was my original "Functional Wading Pool".
Phae mentioned to me today that there was a bug in that very old object, but when I went to look at it I realised just what a horrific mess the code in it was. If I knew then what I know now, and all that... She also asked if it was possible to have toddlers change into swimwear before playing. So I re-made it. This is the result.
Special thanks to Peter Jones, whose BHAV editor played a very significant part in turning modding into something far more clean and painless than it was way back in 2005
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
| Kiddie Pool v2
Size: 105.6 KB · Downloads: 81,828 · 27th Apr 2009
|105.6 KB||81,828||27th Apr 2009|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.