Hide Those Seams! Wallpaper Edging
Updated: 2nd Feb 2010 at 1:47 AM
Here is my contribution to the ugly seams problem. These are as close to the same width as the in-game floor dividers as I could get and they're pretty thin- so they don't stick out from the wall too far and won't get in the way of furniture. For wallpapers that have wood molding, there are some Maxis Match wood recolors included in the .rar. There are 17 recolors in all. I tried to include the most common colors.
*These are a tiny bit short of the top of the wall- they won't cut into ceilings and they're placed far enough to the side of the footprint that you don't need to move them around to get them to fit. Just move on to the next tile you want to place one in.
*These were cloned from the Base Game Floor-Length Tieback Curtain and have been tested in game. You might need to use "moveobjects on" to place them in some places.
*They can be found in Decorative>Miscellaneous and cost 5 Simoleons.
You can recolor, include in lots and include the mesh. Please keep them free! Credit and a link would be appreciated.
40 (not totally flat- a bit rounded)
SimPE, CEP, PhotoShop CS2, MilkShape and the great wondering minds in the Sims community.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||MLC-WallpaperEdging.package (inside MLC-WallpaperEdgingMESH.rar)|
|Description||Using different wallpapers and wish there was something to put between them? Let these edging strips do the job! Just place on the wall between 2 pieces of wallpaper and it will hide those ugly seams! Brought to you by the HidingUglySeamsEdging Co.|
| 9 "plain" recolors
Size: 80.3 KB · Downloads: 2,208 · 2nd Feb 2010
|80.3 KB||2,208||2nd Feb 2010|
| 5 Maxis Match Wood recolors
Size: 57.5 KB · Downloads: 2,265 · 2nd Feb 2010
|57.5 KB||2,265||2nd Feb 2010|
| 3 Brick recolors
Size: 47.2 KB · Downloads: 2,026 · 2nd Feb 2010
|47.2 KB||2,026||2nd Feb 2010|
| Just the mesh.
Size: 7.4 KB · Downloads: 2,406 · 2nd Feb 2010
|7.4 KB||2,406||2nd Feb 2010|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
The exception: My TS4 Robert Williamson sim. I would really like it if he's not edited in any way. He's my tribute to Robin Williams, who was someone I greatly admired. Changing him would make him just another sim.