The Uber-Watch Flat-panel HD Experience [Rig Fixed!]
Updated: 15th Apr 2013 at 2:11 AM - New files (Rig fixed)
This large-scale TV is about 8 times the size of the regular flat-screen (about 4 stories tall) and uses the same mesh with a slightly edited texture for the backside. It also needs to be placed on a wall like the original. Sims will sit down (or stand) to watch the TV and will look up correctly instead of looking straight ahead. All functions of the normal TVs are present in this one; moreover, all in-game broadcast videos will fill the screen and play normally.
This can be used for a non-rabbit hole movie theater, or even a sim's home. If you do make a theater using it, I would love to see it! But please ask permission before including these in any lots.
This TV is about 4 times the size of the original flat-screen (about 1 and a half stories tall). I also lowered it closer to the ground for those of you who want to make home theaters.
This TV is about twice the size of the original flat-screen. It fits perfectly on the wall and isn't any taller than it.
I kept my promise. ^Here are the new sizes^
4/14/13 - I didn't realize people were still using these TVs! At the request of Simulus I have updated every TV with updating rigging so they are now compatible with the PETS patch and onward. Enjoy!
These items can be found in
- Apparently some users are having difficulty with these. Many have said that they don't appear in-game and I think one person said they had extraction issues. In response to extraction: I compressed the using with the highest compression setting. If you have problems, your extractor may not be able to handle such compression. I suggest installing 7zip, it is free and easy to use and definitely works with this file. I don't know how to fix the catalog issue. Do you have any other custom TVs? There could be a conflict, I'm not sure. I'm sorry to say that I cannot fix the issue of them not appearing in the catalog. My biggest apologies.
- These TVs use the original 2x1 footprint. Because of this, sims will walk through the parts of the TV that aren't in the footprint of the TV and that aren't backed by wall or a fence. If the footprint were made larger, they wouldn't snap to the wall.
- Floor can be placed through the TV on upper floors and sims can walk through it on that floor.
- The picture is upscaled to fit the TV's screen and therefore is a little pixelated. It is for sure not as bad as TS2's TV pixelation.
- The Huge TV's large nature makes it difficult to light. A large amount of lights are needed to light up this TV in a dark room and TS3 TVs don't generate ambient light, strangely enough.
Flabiliki for his meshing tutorial
Daluved for the texture editing part in her clothing tutorials
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
This mod has specific instructions!Pick the ALL file if you want all the TVs in one convenient file. Or you can select the sizes you want a la carte by selecting each respective zip.
| 4x the size of the normal flat-screen & rig fixed
Size: 62.5 KB · Downloads: 10,634 · 15th Apr 2013
|62.5 KB||10,634||15th Apr 2013|
| 2x the size of the normal flat-screen & rig fixed
Size: 64.8 KB · Downloads: 10,434 · 15th Apr 2013
|64.8 KB||10,434||15th Apr 2013|
| 8x the size of the normal flat-screen & rig fixed
Size: 44.9 KB · Downloads: 10,158 · 15th Apr 2013
|44.9 KB||10,158||15th Apr 2013|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: