Uploaded 18th May 2010 at 9:11 PM · Updated 22nd Jan 2013 at 10:41 AM by desecrate : Added translations; verified compatibility with patch 1.47
This mod allows the use of firearms that can you can aim and shoot, killing your least favourite Sims...
It uses the WA camera interface to aim, but instead of taking a picture, it can kill the Sim in the scope.
It supports long range rifles, so you can use the full zoom to snipe out distant targets.
The download includes:
- Desecrate_WeaponsLib - Main script library for weapons objects, supporting a wide range of weapon types - requires base patch level 1.38 or above
- Desecrate-XanKriegor_SniperRifle - Long Range Rifle object, cloned from Barrett M82 mesh by XanKriegor
- Desecrate-XanKriegor_Pistol - Pistol object, cloned from Glock 17 mesh by XanKriegor
In the game, you can find the objects in buy mode under Entertainment / Hobbies & Skills. The Riffle costs 1600, the Pistol 499.
Latest version requires base game patch level 1.38 or higher(tested till 1.47), and is compatible with base game and every expansion/stuff packs released to date.
It works with base game only, although there are some effects that are only available with WA, Ambitions, Pets and Supernatural.
If you have an old patch level, there are an older versions of this mod that work with base game version 1.8 and above. PM me with your current game version if you need an older version of this mod.
This Mod contains the following features:
- Carry Weapon - Makes the Sim carry the weapon, so that it's ready to Shoot.
- Shoot - Allows you to aim and shoot a Sim. Depending on the weapon type used, you can have more or less zoom range.
- Ammo Type - In some weapon types, you can switch between ammo types (e.g. switch from standard bullets, to rubber bullets or tranquilizer darts)
- Killing Gallery - I decided to leave in the picture inventory from the camera object, in case you want to keep track of your kills.
- Clear Gallery - Clears the kill gallery.
Some weapons can use "knock out ammo", like tranquilizer darts, which will put the Sim to sleep rather than killing him (although an overdose of tranquilizer might eventually be deadly).
Witnesses in the same room and near the shooter have a chance of calling the police, in which case you'll get arrested and loose your job (except if in a criminal career).
The shooter, witnesses and victims will get mood/buffs effects (like Horrified, CreepedOut, FiendishlyDelighted, etc) depending if they have evil or good alignment.
Vampires will only die with wooden ammo, mummies with fire weapons, simbots with electric weapons, werewolfs with silver bullets, etc.
Pets can also be "put to sleep"...
You can shoot some objects, producing several effects depending on the object type. If the Ambitions EP is installed, some objects might explode when shot with a powerful weapon or explosive ammo.
Currently shootable objects: All Repairable or Cleanable objects (will get broken or dirty), Lights, Insects, Toys, Fireworks, Boulders and Gravestones/Urns.
This can also be used with NRaas' Mobster career and Assassination skill, so you can have hitman jobs and assassination opportunities.
- Verified compatibility with patch 1.47 (no changes needed).
- Added Czech translation by Peccoskaify.
- Added Polish translation by cejanek.
- Fixed issue when shooting some Sims (tipically NPCs), that their energy wouldn't go down.
- Increased power of the pistol, to make it easier to kill sims with one shot.
- Updated to patch 1.42 (disabled shooting fireworks to keep compatible with 1.38/1.39).
- Added Chinese translation by mahamudo.
- Made werewolfs only die with silver bullets (added to pistol).
- Modified witness system so that witnesses won't call the police when killing supernatural sims.
- Added cheat/debug interactions.
- Misc adjustments and bug fixes.
- Updated Swedish translation by XOO7.
- Quick fix for patch 1.38.
- Updated for patch 1.26 / Pets - Time to hunt down some animals!
- Made vampires only die with wooden ammo (crossbow weapon coming
sooneventually), mummies only with fire weapons (like the phaser), simbots only with electric weapons.
- Added explosion effects (if Ambitions EP is installed), when some objects are shot with a powerful weapon or explosive ammo (added explosive ammo option to the rifle).
- Added Weapon carrying system.
- Allow shooting the arresting officer (if you're fast enough)
- Made Sims drown, if shot while swimming
- Added Ammo Type option possibility for some weapons (currently add tranq. dart option for sniper rifle)
- Support for knockout weapons, like tranquillizer guns or tasers
- Prepared WeaponsLib for additional Weapon Types: Phaser, crossbow, cannon, guns with silencer, etc (object meshes needed)
- Shooting graves will cause ghost to appear
- Ability to shoot & damage some objects (in case you want to go Elvis on your TV)
- Possibility to just injure Sims, if your shot isn't on a vital area
- Possibility to shoot more than on sim with one shot (when using a powerful enough weapon)
- Add moods depending on the shooter's Trait and change of calling Police if there are witnesses (adapted from Ani's Dexter bear)
- Prevent babies from being killed, as it is not supported by EA and can get the game stuck
Before removing or updating the mod, sell all weapons your sims might be carrying in inventory and save the game.
I have structured the object script code in a separate package file (WeaponsLib), so that if anyone would like to make additional weapon objects meshes, they would just need to set the object script field to one of the weapons available in the lib package, and it would automatically adopt the behaviour of the selected weapon.
To object Creators - The lib supports a few more weapon types, and it would be great if someone could make different weapon objects, like Shotguns, Dart guns, Tasers, Crossbows, RPGs, etc...
If the game is in cheat mode (by pressing ctrl+shift+c and typing "testingcheatsenalbled true" in the console), there will be additional interactions if you do shift+click on the weapon:
- Ammo Type - Similar with the regular ammo type interaction, only all possible types would be available (e.g. arrows to kill vampires).
- Weapon Type - Allows changing the type of weapon being used, affects mostly the type of death inflicted on the sims.
- Set Debug Mode On/Off - Toggles the display of debug messages.
- Carry Model (only with debug mode on) - Changes the way the weapon is carried, useful only for object creators to define the weapon position in the sim's hand.
Currently this mod is available in:
- Portuguese PT & BR
- Dutch (translation by RPGCRAZIEE)
- Russian (translation by Lelianna & boblen)
- French (translation by adarkfairy)
- German (translation by <Tom94> & redeyes35)
- Italian (translation by GianCarlo27)
- Swedish (translation by XOO7)
- Japanese (translation by O-Well)
- Danish (translation by Pazuna)
- Finnish (translation by EtsDriver)
- Norwegian (translation by sailatlas)
- Spanish (translation by wadiallib)
- Chinese (translation by mahamudo)
- Czech (translation by Peccoskaify)
- Polish (translation by cejanek)
All other language resources are in English. If anyone would like to translate into other languages, let me know, and I'd be happy to include it.
Special thanks to XanKriegor for the great weapons meshes, and to ChaosMage, Ani and Kolipoki for unveiling the possibilities of object Modding.
Type: Additional Functionality
No metadata could be extracted from this file
|Filename||Desecrate-XanKriegor_SniperRifle.package (inside Desecrate-XanKriegor_SniperRifle.zip)|
|Filename||Desecrate-XanKriegor_Pistol.package (inside Desecrate-XanKriegor_Pistol.zip)|
Size: 330.4 KB · Downloads: 259,958 · 18th May 2010
|330.4 KB||259,958||18th May 2010|
| Long range rifle
Size: 505.5 KB · Downloads: 230,873 · 18th May 2010
|505.5 KB||230,873||18th May 2010|
| Main script library for weapons objects - required to make the objects behave as firearms (requires base patch level 1.38 or above)
Size: 38.3 KB · Downloads: 284,684 · 18th May 2010
|38.3 KB||284,684||18th May 2010|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!
The creator also recommends the following uploads:
You may reuse/adapt any of my work, as long as you:
- ask me first before modifying/using.
- give credit with a link when using my work.