Phaser (shootable or decorative)
Updated: 24th Oct 2011 at 12:44 AM - Updated for patch 1.26 / Pets.
Available in two flavors:
- Shootable - under Entertainment / Hobbies & Skills. requires the Weapon's System Mod to work
- Decorative only - under Decorative / Misc.
This was my first atempt at an object mesh, hope you like it...
When set to kill it has a powerfull blast, enought to destroy a large boulder from WA or to kill up to 5 sims with one shot (if you get them lined up straight).
- Updated object Rig for patch 1.26 / Pets.
- Weapon carrying system added in WeaponsLib.
- Adjusted for 1.17 patch / Late Night - to update from previous version, both Phaser and WeaponsLib packages need to be re-installed.
Faces = 450, Vertices = 770
Custom content in screenshots:
Pointed ears as CAS sliders by CmarNYC
Star Trek XI Starfleet Uniform Tops by Chococat777
Multifoiled - Smaller Default Eyes by Aikea Guinea
Special thanks to ellacharm3d for the Meshing tutorial and to Ceixari and WesHowe for the Sims3 Model/Blender convertion tools.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
| Decorative only Phaser
Size: 12.7 KB · Downloads: 4,024 · 9th Sep 2010
|12.7 KB||4,024||9th Sep 2010|
| Shootable Phaser - Requires Desecrate_WeaponsLib.package
Size: 9.6 KB · Downloads: 14,490 · 9th Sep 2010
|9.6 KB||14,490||9th Sep 2010|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
The creator also recommends the following uploads:
You may reuse/adapt any of my work, as long as you:
- ask me first before modifying/using.
- give credit with a link when using my work.