Butterfly Wings for Toddler-Elder
Updated: 30th May 2016 at 6:13 PM - Combined childrens/toddler wings from earlier version with this one
Please note: do not have your sim wear any other accessories while wearing these wings - it will turn the wings texture blurry. This is unfortunately a known problem with TS3 accessories and as far as I know, there doesn't seem to be any way around it, sorry.
Here's a set of Butterfly Wings for all ages Toddler to Elder.
They are found in the Accessories panel in CAS, in the Earrings section, and have three recolourable channels: the inner main section, the veins, and the outer dots, as seen below.
They are enabled for male and female both in one .package file.
Looks cute on kids and toddlers too:
Thanks for looking, hope you'll find these wings useful for fantasy sims.
Unzip the .zip file(s) of whichever version(s) you want, and copy the .package file(s) to your Mods\Packages folder. You only need the one file for both male and female, as it is enabled for both.
If you don't have a Mods\Packages folder and/or don't know how to install .package files, please see full instructions here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files
Adult and Children wings: 2712
Toddler wings: 1518
Made with CTU: http://www.modthesims.info/d/364926
THANKS to BloomsBase, CMarNYC and Rez Delnava who helped me in the Creator Forum with my dilemma of trying to figure out what joint assignments to use to make these things stay attached where they're supposed to be. If it hadn't been for their help, I'd still be struggling with the wings twirling around the sims' shoulders and may have ended up giving up. Thanks again to all.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 240.1 KB · Downloads: 1,179 · 30th May 2016
|240.1 KB||1,179||30th May 2016|
Size: 445.3 KB · Downloads: 1,203 · 30th May 2016
|445.3 KB||1,203||30th May 2016|
Size: 471.9 KB · Downloads: 12,193 · 10th May 2011
|471.9 KB||12,193||10th May 2011|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
I'm pretty easygoing, please just don't steal or copy my work.
You may recolour my meshes, just please credit me and give a link back here to the item(s).
You may include my creations with your sims, lots, storytelling, etc - just please credit me and give a link back here to my item(s).
Don't claim my creations to be your own work.
Don't re-upload my stuff to The Gallery, paysites, adfly sites, or any other commercial sites.