Fire as Neighborhood Decoration
Uploaded 4th Sep 2011 at 3:27 AM · Updated 4th Sep 2011 at 7:41 PM by maybesomethingdunno
I present a new hood effect: Fire! It can be found in the "Effects" section of the hood decor.
This effect can be placed within/over lots and the road to give that warm, cozy glow that only the resulting chaos of complete social destruction from an Apocalypse can offer.
You can create bigger fires by placing several together. I have a nice burning car, dumpster, and building in my screenshot, but you can also use them with the rising smoke effect in the forest for a nice forest fire or campfire/bonfire. Be creative!
Now keep in mind, this is purely for decoration. Nothing is actually being burned. Like the other hood decor effects, the flames will not be visible when you are inside a lot. The flames are only visible while in the hood view. That said, this can easily be used in conjunction with Sophie-David's Apocalyptic Effects to keep flames from seemingly extinguishing themselves when you exit the lot. Also, check out the Related Pages for links to more content, such as psychosim0's burned ruins.
I have not see any ill effects from my tests, but try not to go overboard with having too many placed as this can lead to performance issues. Sadly, there is no thumbnail in the catalog for reasons I'm still trying to figure out. There should be no EP requirement.
Description: This decoration can be placed on lots. To delete a decoration: click on it, then press the Delete key.
Size: 172.0 KB · Downloads: 6,645 · 4th Sep 2011
|172.0 KB||6,645||4th Sep 2011|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
The creator also recommends the following uploads:
I would like to thank all those who have inspired and helped. Sometimes the greatest and most profound joy was not found in the actual process of custom content creation or learning how to do something new....it was found in the help, patience and kindness of complete strangers from all over the world, even for something as relatively trivial Sim custom content. EA made the game but you made it really worth something.
Thanks goes to everyone who makes this site and the Sims' world a better place.
You are free to modify my work, borrow from it, fix it, and/or expand upon it with credit. I'd be really interested in seeing what people might make with it, so feel free to send me a link. :) Please give credit where credit is due and please don't charge for it (or otherwise hold content hostage).
I not am taking any requests at this time, sorry. :(