NCI - Monopoly Game Town Neighborhood
Monopoly, an early 20th century board game, has been passed down to millions of people since its inception with variations as early as in 1903 with Lizzie Maggie's The Landlord's Game.
It became a cult favorite, with some auction monopoly games created by university students (e.g. a 1909 game in the University of Pennsylvannia's Wharton School of Finance), families and neighbors (Ruth Hoskins, 1929, teaching the game to her Quaker friends, rearranged by Jesse Raiford, passed down to Charles Todd, then to Charles Darrow), imitation games (Finance in 1932 by Dan Layman, Easy Money in 1935 by Milton Bradley, Big Business in 1936 by Transogram, Inflation in 1936 by Rudy Copeland), & even briefly by Parker Brothers (Fortune in 1935). The game's original intent on teaching how unequal distribution of wealth bankrupts your opponent has been played for pleasure, & has become one of the world's most recognizable board games in history, published in several languages, & countries.
Ladies and gentlemen, NCI presents to you one of The Sims 2's finest board game inspired neighborhoods. We introduce to you...Monopoly Game Town! And now a word from the master of the board, Mr. Monopoly himself, "Rich Uncle" Pennybags.
Mr. Pennybags isn't available in this download, but he is available now from this link (with some adjustments):
--->>> DOWNLOAD MR. PENNYBAGS HERE <<<---
So, first and foremost, the layout is completely inspired by the board game itself. Each coloured group has two to three houses with similar themes. You can read about each house from the comments section that follow.
The neighborhood has a poor district leading up to a wealthy district, just like you would imagine from the prices of the property cards in the game. The neighborhood is heavily residential based, with only a couple of lots prepared for converting into shops. If you wish to add to the number of shops available, place them around the Chance or Community Chest card areas.
Much of the community lots are parks, with grills & swings. Other community lots serve as decoration (although are still able to be visited by your Sims). The board is surrounded by aquaducs, trees & ancient head stones that watch over the activities of the people living in the neighborhood.
To maximize compatibility, everything from this neighborhood is base-game created, thanks to Numenor's AnyGameStarter. Absolutely nothing in the neighborhood created has custom content by downloaders, including myself. So go crazy unfurnishing those homes with your own furniture, lol. Or if you absolutely despise the homes made by me, deletes those lots and make your own!
Just make sure to replace those homes with 3 x 5 medium lots, unless you want to divide the areas into smaller bits. If you want apartment towers, place them in the middle of the board (the "Administrative Area") to make the neighborhood look like a metropolis.
Cool! So I can play this board game in multiplayer with other Simmers?
What files are included with this download?
Can I download only a house or two (or three or ten)?
How do you install this Neighborhood?
The welcome screen says to visit Pennybags in the center of town. Why isn't he in his house?
The following is a list of lots from the comments section. That way, you don't have to sift through Pages 1 and 2 of picture intensive comments section.
NCI Download Policies for this thread of (March 19, 2012) regarding:
1. PERSONAL and PRIVATE USE
You may use this download in your game however you wish. Enjoy it & if you feel like it, give feedback on how it works. Do not make money off of this creation.
2. PUBLIC DISTRIBUTION
Do not upload this creation onto other websites. Instead, please link back to this download thread from your website.
3. CONVERSIONS and REMIXES
If you wish to convert or remix this creation for use in other games, please contact me by private message or e-mail for an arrangement on what you'd like to do with this creation.
4. FUTURE on RETIREMENT or INACTIVITY
This policy will supersede the above policies with condition to the following order, whichever event occurs first:
a. You may redistribute/remix this download anyway you'd like (with the condition that you credit me for the original download) after 5 years of the date listed in this policy, OR
b. You may redistribute/remix this download anyway you'd like (with the condition that you credit me for the original download) in case I become inactive after 2 years of the Last Activity date listed in my profile.If neither conditions occur, then the above policies remain in effect.
- Mootilda's "Lot Adjuster 3.6" for adjusting the coloured lots into 3x1 sizes, & dice apartments & small parking lots into 2x2 sizes.
- Numenor's "AnyGameStarter 2.1.1" for making it possible to work on base-game only files (along for base-game/Apartment Life expansion pack files for the apartment files).
- Phaenoh for providing recommendations on improving the neighborhood.
- Maxis' SimCity 4 game for making road layout for importing into The Sims 2.
AND a thank you to Mootilda and her HoodReplace program. It was useful in getting rid of a Sim user error that HoodChecker reported.
- The Lulu Lounge (Post of Mar. 20 2012) by livlukas
- The Simppl Life ("The Boardgame Challenge", Jan. 20th, 2013) by javabean_dreams
- SIMSOWE ROZMOWY (Post of Apr. 25, 2012) by Simsowe_Rozmowy
- Ove's sims (Post of Mar. 20, 2012) by Ove
- opalescent nights (Post of Mar. 2012) by voleste
- GetMyGameOn (Post of Mar. 20, 2012) by getmygameon
- PAGESINKEDsims (Post of Mar. 2012) by pagesinked
- KOTANGENS (Post of Mar. 20, 2012) by kotangens
- I'm Dreaming of a Blue Simismas (Post of Mar. 20, 2012) by bluesimsmas
- Magical Plumbobs (Post of Mar. 2012) by simstrology
- Rapisims (Post of Mar. 20, 2012) by rapisims
- Isabelline Dreams (Post of Mar. 20, 2012) by iniquity-incense
- Pink Noise (Post of Mar. 2012) by pink77loki-blog
- Thai The Sims 3 (Thread of Jan. 8, 2014) by Freshznova
- The Sims 5 Build your own city? (Post of Jan. 6, 2018) by Mireia Balaguer
There was a building contest (that ended) for Sims 2 Players that can be found from the link provided HERE.
These are some of the buildings submitted (or proposed without submission to the contest) from the participants who joined:
This download has custom installation instructions!
In addition to the normal installation instructions, this download also has a custom instruction, as follows:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Follow these or the front post's easy to read instructions:
1. Download the neighborhood file of your choice (N046 is the full neighborhood with houses/lots).
2. Place the file in your "EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods" folder
3. Extract the file inside that folder.
4. That's it, charge up the game.
If you downloaded the full neighborhood (N046), there will be a Storytelling pictures folder. Simply copy the contents of the Storytelling folder into the EA Games/The Sims 2/Storytelling folder.
You may notice that the N04# folders have Storytelling folders too. Please keep those in, as the game won't recognize the Neighborhood screen without both folders in their respective places.
Need more information?
| FULL VERSION: Contains everything up to and including Pennybags' home. Updated using Lot Compressor May 21, 2015.
Size: 16.33 MB · Downloads: 1,101 · 21st May 2015
| ROADS ONLY: Contains roads and Pennybags' home. Updated using Lot Compressor May 21, 2015.
Size: 1.14 MB · Downloads: 356 · 21st May 2015
| MINIMAL VERSION: Contains coloured strips and Pennybags' home. Updated using Lot Compressor May 21, 2015.
Size: 2.72 MB · Downloads: 355 · 21st May 2015
| TERRAIN: Contains the SimCity 4 neighborhood terrain file, uploaded August 24, 2013.
Size: 125.3 KB · Downloads: 1,087 · 29th Aug 2013
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
151 Comments / replies (Who?)
108,608 ViewsAlso recommended:
Old Kent Road - No CC Starter
Just Married - Wedding Venue
Cheap Duplex Living ~ pets accepted
Marvin Gardens Mall
Water Works: Swim ~ Shop ~ Dive
Pentonville Road Apartments
The Fairy Tale Bride
Pacific Avenue Sunny Palms Resort
The Santorini Hotel
Science Centre (Monopoly Contest)