(UPDATE: 7-JUL-2016) Reheat Food in Microwave
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
Uploaded 14th Feb 2015 at 10:25 AM · Updated 6th Jul 2016 at 5:34 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update
7-JUL-2016: New version with better compatibility with the Ingredient Moodlets From Meals mod. If you are using both these mods, please download the latest version of that mod as well.
22-MAY-2016: Reheating pizza has been fixed
- The quality of food dropping after being reheated can be disabled via tuning. See the Tunings section below.
- The "Microwave" interaction no longer appears on fridges if there is no microwave on the lot.
- Store recipes can now be reheated even if you do not have the Cook With Any Ingredient mod.
30-MAY-2015: Children can now use microwaves to reheat food and have quick meals (WITHOUT distorting! Though since there are no child animations for opening the microwave door, the food is simply magically placed in there).
13-APR-2015: Fixed the "Grab a Plate/Bowl/Slice (Microwave)" interaction (sims would ignore the instruction and eat the serving without reheating in the previous version)
5-APR-2015: Dropped a whole lot of unnecessary code that was needed for compatibility with my other mods.
For those using the Ingredient Moodlets From Meals mod please download the very latest version of it as well
25-MAR-2015: Fixed the ITUN so that animals, babies and toddlers no longer have the option to microwave food (Thanks to Annything for the report)
16-MAR-2015: Fixes for
- a glitch causing sims to autonomously look for leftovers that no-longer exist (whoops!)
- sims resetting when reheating microwavable snacks
This mod adds a custom "Microwave" interaction to food objects that lets sims reheat the food in a microwave.
- On group servings there are two separate interactions, one for reheating the entire serving ("Microwave") and the other is for taking just a single portion to reheat ("Grab a Plate/Bowl/Slice (Microwave)"). You can't reheat an entire box of delivery pizza though, since while possible in game, it isn't exactly a pretty sight.
- If your sim has any leftovers in the fridge, the "Microwave" interaction will appear on fridges on the lot allowing you to choose any one of them to reheat before eating.
- Interaction cannot be used on spoiled or burnt foods. Neither can foods that don't require a heat source to cook (Autumn Salad, Roll Sushi etc). There's a list in the mod's tuning specifying which ones that cannot be microwaved with this mod. Feel free to edit it as you wish.
- If there is a microwave on the lot, sims will autonomously choose to reheat their food before eating under certain conditions. Specifically, they must not be Technophobes and the food has to either have been in the fridge or is close to spoiling (tunable)
- Food that is reheated will have their shelf life extended by a little (tunable)
- When eating leftovers from a cheap fridge, sims will no longer get the "Tastes Like Fridge" moodlet if the food is reheated before eating
- Reheating a meal will reduce the meal's quality (unless it wasn't that high quality to begin with) (Can be disabled by tuning).
- The mod also allows children to use microwaves make quick meals and reheat foods (WITHOUT distorting!) Though since there are no child animations for opening the door, the food is simply placed inside the microwave magically.
You can edit the Tunings XML in the mod package to change the following values (can also be done using NRaas Retuner under Settings > General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.icarusallsorts > ReheatFood)
- kChangeFoodQuality: Whether or not the quality of food drops after reheating (default: True)
- kMultiplierToBaseSpoilageTimeToAdd: How much of the base spoilage time foods are given to extend the shelf life or a serving of food when reheated (must be between 0 and 1, current default: 0.2)
- kAllowAutonomousReheating: Self-explanatory (current default: True)
- kFractionOfBaseSpoilageTimeLeftForAutonomousReheat: Basically how close to spoiling the food has to be for a sim to autonomously reheat it before eating, ignored for fridge leftovers (between 0 and 1, take this value and multiply with the base spoilage time defined in the PreparedFood XML in the GameplayData which is 10 hours by default) (current default: 0.2)
- kInvalidRecipes: List of recipes that cannot be reheated (microwavable snacks, pet foods, and cookable recipes are already accounted for by the mod itself so don't have to be listed here), to add a recipe refer to the RecipeMasterList XML in the GameplayData (or the equivalent XML in any mod adding a custom recipe to your game) and type in the "RecipeKey" for that recipe into this list.
Built and tested on patch 1.67. Base Game compatible
Note: If you are also using the Ingredient Moodlets From Meals + More Filling Kelp & Fish Meals For Mermaids make sure to download the latest version as versions prior to from 14-FEB-2015 will conflict with this one.
Thanks to the Jones' for S3PE, all the script modders out there for being generous with info, and to the wonderful people at the NRaas forums who tested the preliminary version of the mod and support
Type: Additional Functionality
No metadata could be extracted from this file
Expansion Packs Needed
| (Update: 7-JUL-2016)
Size: 13.4 KB · Downloads: 24,368 · 6th Jul 2016
|13.4 KB||24,368||6th Jul 2016|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!
See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!
Also Thanked - Users who thanked this download also thanked: