MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
Pets at University
by Lamare Posted 11th Jun 2018 at 11:12 PM - Updated 26th Apr 2019 at 1:47 AM by Lamare
226 Thanks Thanks 60 Favourited
This is a set of overrides with a simple goal - to liberate young adults and college neighborhoods from restrictions on pets.
This mod allows young adults and university residents to:
- Adopt cats and dogs from pet shelter
- Give them up for adoption
- Sell and give pets to playable young adults
- Buy pets in shops from pet displays
- Hire obedience trainer
- Have wants and fears about pets
At the moment, teens can't take their pets with them by taxi when they're moving to college, but I plan on releasing the mod that allows that.
By the way, small pets, like birds, caged dogs and guinea pigs are allowed in college by default.
Plan of attack
- Make sure you have Pets and University expansion packs.
- Decide which version of this mod you want and download only one of them.
- Choose and download related mods.
- Optionally, run HCDU for conflicts.
You'd want to get additional mods that take care of aging, moving out and jobs at university. They are not absolutely necessary, but very much recommended.
- For pet aging on campus - Uni-aging mod.
- For moving out of college with pets - YA-move-out-of-college.
- For pet jobs to be available on campus - Jobs-in-uni mod.
The Sims 2 Pets and University.
I only tested on Ultimate Collection, but I did work on compatibility, so the mod should be good for other configs as well. No confirmation, though.
- pets-at-university - regular version with all the above features.
- pets-at-university+noautopetbuy - the difference from the regular version is that uncontrolled playables won't autonomously buy pets from pet displays. (Personal note: You get asked before a pet is added to buyer's family, so I personally don't use this version. I can always say no, but sometimes I want to say yes to random pets.)
HCDU may show possible conflicts with the following mods, but they are resolved.
- MogHughson's Apartments and Shopping - you can use our mods together and have all the benefits, if my mod loads after Mog's. Both versions of my mod are compatible with Mog's.
- Pescado's No Autonomous Pet Buying - it's included in the noautopetbuy version of my mod (there's no other way). This means you can remove Pescado's mod, or let my mod load after Pescado's.
- No Pet Obsession by twojeffs - can probably be resolved, see post #16
This mod may conflict with other mods that override the same resources.
That's it. If you catch a bug or have a suggestion, please post in the comments. Thank you!
EA/Maxis, SimPE, Compressorizer, Photoshop.
My thanks to LilSister and gummilutt for testing.
The picture is composed of original Sims 2 renders and some default Photoshop pattern.
This is a multi-part download:
Choose only one version of the mod!
Size: 1.9 KB · Downloads: 3,078 · 11th Jun 2018
Size: 1.9 KB · Downloads: 6,045 · 11th Jun 2018
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents