Updated: 2nd Jan 2022 at 9:06 PM
This mod uses the attraction system to make romance make more narrative sense! These changes can make romance a lot harder to achieve and sustain, so you may need to adjust the tuning to your tastes.
Attraction has been altered so that: 1) sims will reject all romantic socials from anyone they don’t find attractive (which will make romance much harder, and may spell the end of existing romantic relationships), 2) most sims with committed partners are unlikely to be attracted to anyone other than their current partner(s) and romantic interests, 3) attraction scores between pairs of sims are updated (at most) every two hours, instead of only when they first meet, and 4) attraction can be asymmetrical (sim A is attracted to sim B, but B is not attracted to A).
To make sims reject romantic socials based on attraction, this mod checks if the target of every romantic interaction is attracted to the actor, and if not, makes the target reject the interaction. If the target is attracted to the actor, they may still reject the interaction anyway, but it won’t be because of this mod.
Barrier To Autonomous Affairs
Sims who should be satisfied with their current relationships (sims whose relationships with their exclusive partner or partners are above the neglect threshold, and who don’t have the Flirty, Commitment Issues, or Inappropriate traits) get a penalty on their attraction to any sim who’s not already a partner or romantic interest of theirs.
The likelihood of sims autonomously choosing romantic socials when the conversation isn’t already romantic has also been reduced, while their likelihood of choosing romantic socials at all with a sim they’re attracted to has been increased.
Additionally, most sims (all but Inappropriate sims) will see the family, friends, and enemies of their current partners as Off-Limits for romance in the RelationshipManager system used across my relationship-related mods, and will get an attraction penalty with Off-Limits sims.
Attraction score updates are triggered when sims interact with each other. Updates involving a member of the active household are allowed to happen every 2 hours; updates between inactive sims can happen every 24 hours.
Factors contributing to sims’ attraction scores include:
- Traits*: Trait conflicts that sims have in common give a bonus. For example, the Shy and Loner traits both conflict with Social Butterfly and Party Animal, so a Shy sim and a Loner sim would get two attraction bonuses.
- Career Level*: Workaholic, Frugal, Born Salesperson, Snob, Mooch, Family Oriented, Ambitious, and Schmoozer sims are attracted to higher career levels; Rebellious, Commitment Issues, and Loser sims are put off.
- Skills*: Mutual skills are attractive.
- Celebrity Level*: Celebrity is attractive to Natural Born Performer, Snob, Diva, Easily Impressed, Schmoozer, Avant Garde, and Social Butterfly sims, and off-putting to Rebellious, Loner, and Brooding sims.
- Star Sign*: Supernatural Fan sims with no Logic skill are attracted to compatible (not matching) signs, and put off by incompatible signs.
- Moodlets*: Some moodlets apply an attraction bonus and others apply a penalty. This feature is the same as in the un-modded game.
- Household Funds*: The highest level attraction bonus for this only applies to Ambitious, Snob, Avant Garde, Mooch, Frugal, Loser, and Family-Oriented sims.
- Outfit: Most sims like formalwear, makeover outfits, swimwear, and nudity, while Proper, Never Nude, and Unflirty sims dislike swimwear and nudity.
- Age: Increasing age gaps between sims apply increasing attraction penalties. The exception: sims with any of the life stage attraction reward traits added by this mod will get a flat attraction bonus with any sim in their preferred life stage, and a flat attraction penalty with everyone else.
- Weight: Distance - in either direction - from the tunable preferred weight applies increasing attraction penalties. The exception: sims with either of the weight attraction reward traits added by this mod will get a flat attraction bonus with any sim who has their preferred body type, and a flat attraction penalty with everyone else.
- Fitness: Distance - in either direction - from the tunable preferred fitness applies increasing attraction penalties. The exception: sims with either of the fitness attraction reward traits added by this mod will get a flat attraction bonus with any sim who has their preferred body type, and a flat attraction penalty with everyone else.
Some bonuses and penalties now depend on sims knowing the relevant information about each other. For example, a Shy sim wouldn’t get any extra attraction to a Loner sim if they don’t know the Loner has that trait yet; a sim who believes in astrology wouldn’t get a compatible sign bonus or incompatible sign penalty until they learn what the other sim’s sign is; and career attraction doesn’t apply if a sim doesn’t know what the other’s job is.
You can make the mod update and report the attraction score between two sims by using the “Update Attraction” interaction on the sim you want to learn about. This is a debugging interaction and is normally hidden, but it can be made visible by entering the cheat “allowManualAttractionUpdates”.
This mod adds a set of custom traits used in calculating attraction scores.
- Not Looking For Love: This trait is given to sims who are satisfied with their partner(s) and not interested in starting new romances, and removed if those relationships end or are neglected. It applies a tunable penalty on a sim's attraction to any other sim who isn't already a partner or romantic interest of theirs. Sims with Commitment Issues or Flirty don't get this trait; sims with Proper or Family-Oriented don't lose it when their relationships are neglected, only when they end.
- Attraction: Muscular, Attraction: Delicate, Attraction: Lean, Attraction: Fat: These reward traits specify what body type sims find attractive. By default, the maximum (tunable) attraction bonuses for weight and muscle are given for sims at weight -0.75 and muscle 0.75 (both tunable), and the bonus decreases and eventually becomes negative moving away from those values. These traits give a flat bonus to sims meeting a threshold (default: +/-0.8 weight or fitness) instead, and a flat penalty otherwise.
- Attraction: Elder, Attraction: Adult, Attraction: Young Adult: These reward traits specify what life stage sims find attractive. By default, the maximum (tunable) attraction bonus is given to sims who are the same age in sim-years, decreasing and eventually becoming negative as the age gap grows; these traits give a flat bonus to sims in the corresponding life stage instead, and a flat penalty otherwise. Note: if you're using Battery's How Old Are You mod, your settings for that mod will be used to calculate the age gap between sims in this one.
All the tunable values in the mod are here. The tuning for types of attraction that exist in the un-modded game has not been changed, so those values aren’t listed, and this mod is compatible with any other mod that tunes those values.
|kCommittedRelationshipAttractionModifier||Attraction penalty to apply if a sim has Not Looking For Love||100|
|kOffLimitsAttractionModifier||Attraction penalty to apply between Off-Limits sims||100|
|kAgeGapAttractionModifier||Maximum attraction bonus/penalty for size of age gap||40|
|kAgePreferenceAttractionModifier||Maximum bonus/penalty for life stage attraction||40|
|kBodyPreferenceAttractionModifier||Maximum bonus/penalty for weight and fitness attraction||40|
|kOutfitAttractionModifier||Attraction bonus/penalty to apply for outfit category||40|
|kFavoriteWeight||Default weight at which to give maximum attraction bonus||-0.75|
|kFavoriteFitness||Default fitness at which to give maximum attraction bonus||0.75|
Tuning in lizcandorCommon
|kSpecialNeglectThreshold||Liking points threshold for sims with Prefers Non-Monogamy (custom trait that comes with my other mod) to feel the relationship is being neglected||20|
|kDefaultNeglectThreshold||Relationship neglect threshold for sims without Prefers Non-Monogamy||40|
There are two packages in the downloads section, lizcandorAttraction and lizcandorCommon; install both. If you’re using any of my other mods that require lizcandorCommon, only install one version of the lizcandorCommon package: they’re all the same and you don’t need duplicates.
This mod also requires two other mods to function: Arsil's Custom Traits Manager to allow the custom traits to load, and Battery's C# Script Utility for calculating sims' ages.
Before the mod is activated, all it’ll do is prevent its traits from being added to any sims. To activate it, enter the cheat "activateAttraction”. The mod will stay activated when you travel between worlds within a save, but should not carry over between different saves.
To deactivate this mod, enter the cheat "deactivateAttraction” in every world you've visited in each save you’ve activated the mod in. The deactivation cheat removes the mod's custom traits from all sims in the current world; if you don’t do this, your save may not be able to load without the mod installed (see Arsil’s Custom Traits Manager for details).
If you're deactivating the mod but not removing it from your game, you'll still need to quit and restart to fully undo the changes it makes.
This is a pure script mod, and as such it should not conflict with most other mods. There are a few caveats for NRaas Woohooer, though.
- This mod is compatible with Woohooer v130a (the most recent beta version of Woohooer), but not with previous Woohooer versions.
- This mod applies extra rules for the acceptance/rejection of romantic socials. By default, Woohooer ignores those rules for woohoo in particular, so that all the woohoo interactions are always accepted; so if you want woohoo to also require attraction, you'll have to change that Woohooer setting.
And finally, this mod was built and tested on patch 1.69, and may not work on previous patches.
To heaven for the lot used in the photos
To Arsil for the custom trait manager and tutorial
And to MissPat for testing once again!
Social: Mods affecting social interactions and relationships between sims
No metadata could be extracted from this file
No metadata could be extracted from this file
Custom Content Required!
The following custom content is required for this download to function properly! Please make sure you download it before downloading the files!
This mod has specific instructions!You need both lizcandorAttraction and lizcandorCommon in your game for this mod to work. If you've already got a lizcandorCommon package from one of my other mods, though, you don't need to download it again here.
Size: 76.0 KB · Downloads: 2,797 · 6th Aug 2021
|76.0 KB||2,797||6th Aug 2021|
Size: 23.1 KB · Downloads: 2,107 · 7th Jul 2021
|23.1 KB||2,107||7th Jul 2021|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!