Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#26 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 5:51 AM
Thank you, @Justpetro Where's the juice bar?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 11:28 PM Last edited by Justpetro : 10th Dec 2021 at 11:44 PM. Reason: mistake with action pic
Default Entry Application Round
Sims 2
No CC

Welcome to the Opening Ceremony of the 2022 Olympic Games! Your host for the event is a province in the Republic of South Africa: KwaZulu-Natal. On the stage tonight, Zenzele Hlonghwa and the Durban Dancers!
[IMG][/IMG]
Some information on KZN

On to the pics: almost no useful stuff in Sims 2, but using a bit of imagination helped. Leopard skin (these days, they wear fake) is worn by Zulu warriors for certain events, and leopard patterns are often found.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 11:51 PM
Those entries look fabu everyone! OMG!
(I am sooooo glad I'm just the EJ and not competing!)
Good Luck to you all

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by justJones
But that's exactly why it's bonus points for no CC. Precisely because it IS (or at least can be) "easier" to build an impressive lot with CC. It's more difficult to build without, hence the bonus.

I understand the reasoning behind it, I just personally don't see why you have to build without CC in the first place :P
But to each their own, I'm not the fun police lol

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Alchemist
#30 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 8:09 PM Last edited by ZenGarden : 12th Dec 2021 at 5:36 AM.
Application
Host city: Åre
Game: TS3
CC: none

Åre came very close to being chosen as the host city for the 2026 Olympic Winter Games, which is why I chose Åre. Åre is the biggest place in Sweden for winter-related sports and tourism, business never seems to stop blooming. Åre is located in northern Sweden, close to where I was born. The torch/ceremony venue represents the overall aesthetic that my submission would have, it is based in modern, sleek, high-end Scandinavian design with touches of minimalism. My submission would hence represent modern Swedish architecture and sport. In case you didn't notice, the torch was colorized in the five colors of the Olympic rings. The overall venue was inspired by the stage of the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 that was held in Stockholm which I believe is the perfect representation of Swedish, modern hosting design. In the picture you will see a DJ and a singer: the house/dance music industry is huge (Avicii, Swedish House Mafia) and therefore I believe such a performance is representative of Åre and Sweden. Enough with my pretentiousness, here are the pictures!

Picture for special judging:

Screenshots

what does his name even mean?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 10:46 PM
Looks awesome @ZenGarden , we're definitely getting some great entries so far! Please just include whichever image you want to use for special judging and specify which game you used and whether or not you included CC, thanks!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Alchemist
#32 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Looks awesome @ZenGarden , we're definitely getting some great entries so far! Please just include whichever image you want to use for special judging and specify which game you used and whether or not you included CC, thanks!

Updated!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 11:19 AM
@ZenGarden what did you use there for all those intriguing shapes? Do they have a name I can look up?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#34 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@ZenGarden what did you use there for all those intriguing shapes? Do they have a name I can look up?

I've used the Skylight Studio for Performing Arts (TS3 Store), the Dark Industrial Set (Origin Exclusive) and the big white structures are lamps from TS3 University. Is Store/Origin content considered CC?

Field Researcher
#35 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 3:43 PM
Glad to see this contest up! And happy to see some familiar faces avatars here, and very cool entries so far!
I think I found the right idea for my theme, I'll see how building goes...

Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Is Store/Origin content considered CC?

Very good question, I was wondering the same. Sometimes Store and pre-order content is considered CC for TS2, however I would argue that they are a 2000's version of the TS4 stuff packs. And since this is a mixed-game contest, I have the feeling that no CC means widely different options depending on the game
not that I'm going to build without CC anway though, or at least I highly doubt that... can't help it
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 5:04 PM
I think the easiest and fairest way to define CC versus not CC for this contest is this: If it was created or provided by someone with Maxis or EA in an official capacity as a deliberate part of the game, then it's not CC. If it was created independently by an end user and not ever released officially, then it is CC.

So for instance, Store content would not be considered CC, so it's fair game.

Mad Poster
#37 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 6:09 PM
So, specific to TS2: the Store Stuff is acceptable, but not the converted Lifestyle or Castaway Stuff (because it was converted, right?)
What about any pre-order items?
Did TS3 have pre-order stuff?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
So, specific to TS2: the Store Stuff is acceptable, but not the converted Lifestyle or Castaway Stuff (because it was converted, right?)
What about any pre-order items?
Did TS3 have pre-order stuff?

Correct! And I'll say pre-order stuff is also fair game- it may not be as common, but it's still "official" content from EA and/or Maxis, so it can still be used and receive the bonus.

Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#39 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 10:44 PM
@ZenGarden
Its good having you join this contest. And that is a lovely entry you have there
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#40 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Correct! And I'll say pre-order stuff is also fair game- it may not be as common, but it's still "official" content from EA and/or Maxis, so it can still be used and receive the bonus.

Okay great, and that answers my next question.

I didn't recognize those items which was why I asked. I don't know sims 3 store items from the back of a Llama, so if you guys can remember to mention their use that would be helpful.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#41 Old 13th Dec 2021 at 11:23 AM
Your guidelines with official content permission is equitable since Sims 4 (first of the kind) has no Store content. I recognise their kits are equal to Store sets, and most of game packs are similar to worlds that existed in Sims 3 Store back in a days. I am happy you sorted things out.

Never knew there are any Origin exclusives for Sims 3. Thank you, Zengarden. Your thread was surprising

Regards Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
dodgy builder
#42 Old 17th Dec 2021 at 5:12 AM
App Round
Host city: Oslo
Game: TS4
CC: none

This is a Gardening themed opening ceremony with a focus on family and kids. I made the lot a cafe so it's a bit more useful with a stage for performances.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 4:22 AM
The entries that were submitted are all amazing and I was really looking forward to seeing what kind of Olympic Games you all had planned for your host locations, but we sadly don't have the number of contestants we'd need at the end of the application round for this contest to move forward. Still, if any of you were inspired enough that you still want to make Olympic venues in your theme, please let me know, I'd still absolutely love to see pictures of them! Thank you all so much for your interest and the great work you did on your entries, but unfortunately, this contest will have to end here.

Mad Poster
#44 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 5:19 AM
A sad moment in time.
I want to thank you, @Zarathustra - it is clear that you have put in a lot of thought, hard work, time and energy into presenting us with this contest.
dodgy builder
#45 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 1:14 PM
That was sad, well there's not like there is too little to do during the holidays. I would have liked to make some more destination venues for my sims, but I have a big castle and several Unreal Engine projects to work on. I probably won't get the time.

Is it possible to have feedback on the venues for the application round anyway?

@Zarathustra
Field Researcher
#46 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 8:33 PM
I'm sorry to see that this did not work out, I stqrted working on a build but this time of the year is way too hectic for me to find the time... and I'm probably not the only one in this case.
Now I'm wondering, what is actually preventing us from playing with less than 10 people? is it just because MTS won't consider it an official contest?
Mad Poster
#47 Old 22nd Dec 2021 at 4:59 AM
Would a monthly challenge be an alternative option perhaps?
We had building challenges in the past; we could still build our venues, although it will not be judged.
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#48 Old 22nd Dec 2021 at 5:12 AM
To all that entered the contest, I was really looking forward to it but unfortunately it was not meant to be. It's not easy entering but I must say you all did wonderfully well with your entries. I honestly feel saddened by the situation.

@Zarathustra thanks a lot for hosting this contest. And I know it was hard making the decision, but it was courageous of you. Though ended, I want to say thanks a lot for choosing me as a judge. It was an honor. Hopefully one of these days, we will have another.

Thank you all
Page 2 of 2